Chapter Sixteen

Chapter 16:

I'm not entirely know for sure what happened that night. All I can think about is a crash and then I'm moving, except not with my own feet. Someone was carrying me, bridal style. I could tell that they were involved in the crash because he was limping and grunting through the whole walk. My eyes were closed and I didn't feel like I was there. It was like I was there as a different figure standing close by, not actually the girl hangging from the limping man's arms.

Everything after is a blur. I don't remember anything when I woke up this morning except that exact moment. My eyes fluttered open to see the ceiling of the oh so familiar ceiling. The light was shining on my face and I squinted at it. My head turned toward the bathroom door where I saw Travis. Not the actual Travis but his reflection. He was staring at himself in a way that said I-can't-believe-this-happened. It was a scrutinizing glare to himself. It was like he regretted or hated himself for what he did. Was it for taking me? Hurting me? Or just because he got in a crash?

His face had scrathes in it and a dark purple-blue bruise on his left cheekbone and the top left of his forhead. If that's how he looks. I didn't want to see my face. The crash plus what has happened to me in this hellwhole, I couldn't have a perfect reflecton or not even just a few scrathes. Travis had shook his head before turning to his reflection and coming out the bathroom, and closing the door behind him.

He didn't make one glance in my direction. Before I knew it, my head and legs started pounding and I loudly groaned from the pain. I should be used to stuff like this but I guess you can never be used to pain. Any kind of pain actually. Travis' head immediately snapped toward my direction and rushed to my side. His face looked kinda calm but I guess he was just trying to act like he didn't care.

"Make it stop!" I yelled, without looking at him. He stuck his hand in the nightstand drawer next to him and pulled out painkillers and a bottle of water that was open next to the foot of the bed. I scarfed down the pills without another thought.

The pain was still there for a while and Travis left to fetch me some food. I massaged my temples while I waited. After the painkillers, all I felt was a buzzing kind of thing swormimg through my body. Travis came back not long after with a plate in hand. It consisted of mac and cheese. My mouth watered, finally the most decent meal I've ever had in a while. He set it down and I went through it like it was nothing. A minute later, it was all gone in a flash.

I layed back against the headboard, eyes closed. "How long was I out?"

"Four days."

My eyes snapped open. Four days! I was asleep for four days! "Your kidding me, right?"

"No." He said it so sternly I was wondering if I angered him somehow and before I could've asked, I felt a wet cloth touch my cheek.

"What are you doing?"

"Haven't I told you before to not to ask questions." I stared at him confused. What happened? Why is he being so... I don't know what to call it exactly but I'm thinking different. Did I do something? A while ago, he was actually being a person before and took some care into my health but now he's as hard as a rock. Like he quickly built up this wall that held him from feeling anything which had fallen or at least crumbled a little before I tried to sneak out. Wait, was that why he was so mad at me? Because I tried to escape? Well, I'm sorry, I just didn't want to spend another day in this house.

I processed this over and over as he ran the wet cloth around my face in specific places, probably where there are a lot of bruises or scrathes. I didn't look at him but instead at my fiddling fingers on my lap. My legs were still under the comforter so I don't know what had cause it to hurt so much before.

That was earlier. Now, I'm in the room all by myself. The boys went to I don't know where and left me here. Travis locked the bedroom door from the outside and all the windows had a lock on them also. I'm pretty sure that if I even get pass one door, there will be another one right there waiting for me so I didn't even try to escape again.

Travis had left with the same weird attitude and didn't say a word besides that he'll be back later like it was no big problem. I havn't left the bed all day. I'm going to have to soon though, so my legs don't get tired or if I end up having to use the bathroom. Which I did after just sitting there, staring at the door like it was going to magically open out of nowhere.

I slowly turned to the side of the bed and stood up. I was up for about a second before I fell and the pain from my right leg began to come back. I was wearing Travis' plaid red and black pj pants, at least I think it's his, and it covered my whole leg. I caregully rolled up the end of the pant leg to see the beginning of a big blue bruise and a lot more purple as I went farther up, stopping at my mid-thigh.

I was so dumbfounded, it blocked the aching pain shooting throughout my body for a moment until it all came back. I rolled back the pant leg, covering the hideouness of my right leg, and bit my bottom lip to retrack my pain to my lip instead. I crawled with my elbows to the nightstand which was a foot away and grabbed the bottle of water from where Travis left it.

I gulfed down 2 pills and sat there, waiting for the moment when I could be at peace again. What am I talking about? I'm never going to be peaceful as long as I'm here. And there's no way I could just leave again because they always have a way of finding me again.

The salty tears streamed down my face, either going to my mouth or falling from my chin to then land on the pj pants. I layed there, not bothering to get up because it's going to end the same way it did not long ago; me falling on my butt to the floor.

My eyes were heavy when I heard the opening and closing of a door. One of them were back- or all of them. Either way, I didn't want to be here. None of them care about me enough to actually check if I'm ok. Before my eyes finally closed to get some sleep, I saw big brown eyes staring wide eyed at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Hey guys so idk if this is short or not but I was shooting for at least 1000 words and I got 1215 so yayy! Hope you guys like it and there's nothing more to say than, peace!

Dedicated: @mmd1991