Chapter 7:Monster septum

Leggy and Carlson were trying to escape when they were being chased by Laya and her robots.Carlson was carrying Iko over his shoulder while Leggy was trying to fight the robots off.Suddenly Carlson was shot in the back with a laser causing him to fall on top of Iko.Iko felt more of his ribs break.Iko started to gasp and wheeze from the pain in his broken bones.Iko tried to remove himself from underneath Carlson but he couldn't move.Leggy noticed Carlson unconscious and tried to drag Iko out from under his friend's body. "Carlson get up,you're crushing him."Leggy said desperately trying to get Iko out.
The robots stopped attacking and Laya approached with a syringe filled with a purple ooze in her right hand. "Good keep him there ,I shall turn him into the obedient monster slave I've always wanted in a son."Laya smirked.Leggy saw his chance to stop Laya and he took it by quickly sneaking the syringe out of her han and instead injected Laya with it.
Pain began to grow in Laya's body feathers shown out of the back of her ears and her high pitched screaming turned into a low vicious growl.Iko watched in pain and terror as his mother completely lost her sanity and the ability to control herself.
"M...Mom...n...no!"Iko wheezed before passing out.Even though Iko's mother hated him,he still cared for her.
A few minutes later Iko woke up in a soft patch of grass. He was too sore to move and felt extremely dehydrated.
Iko saw a blinding light up ahead with Leggy and Carlson beside him. Leggy and Carlson were trying to call to the light to come closer.
When the boat ahead did stop Iko saw Quill and the others climbing out of the boat.
"D...Dad?"Iko said raspily.