chapter 8: childhood trauma.

It's been a long ride to the hospital Iko started hallucinating again and had to be sedated.The doctors found a burn mark on his left shoulder,It looked like it came from a branding iron used on horses.The burn took the shape of an X,Laya's logo.
Iko had took a lot of damage to some of his bones including his wings.About five of Iko's ribs were broken.
Laya was captured and safely transported to a monster containment area.iko woke up a few hours after being sedated.He felt weak and dizzy trying his hardest to sit up out of the hospital bed.One of the doctors walked into Iko's room.
"Oh good your awake."He said.
"Where's Quill..."Iko asked
"I'll send him in if you want me to."
"Please..."
A few minutes later Quill came into Iko's room.
"Hey."
"Hey..."
"Do you remember anything?"
"Not really..."
After the short conversation Iko felt tired and soon fell asleep.Quill smiled. The way Iko layed on the hospital bed reminded Quill of when he first adopted Iko.
Flashback:

It has been two years since Quill's wife Rosealina died of a rare and terrible illness.
Quill was still sad because Rose had no-one but Quill,Roses family disowned her for being different and unique.Quill wanted someone he could feel happy with so he got legal permission to adopt a child.
Quill then proceeded to buy a few things for kids like a bed,a few blankets,and a stuffed bear.
The next week Quill finally went to the nearest orphanage where he met young Iko who was only five years old.Iko was the shy and quiet kid of the bunch and was unexpectedly taken away from his abusive mother.
Quill went and talked to the child sitting on his small cot.
"Hey are you okay?"Quill asked
Iko nodded.
"Do you want to come with me?"
Iko's small blue eyes lit up,he smiled and nodded taking Quill's hand.

"Do you want to come with me?"Iko's small blue eyes lit up,he smiled and nodded taking Quill's hand