5【SHOCK】

[Jisoo P.o.V.]

As I'm in the car driving to work, I sing loudly and happily to almost every song that plays on the radio, remembering my brief morning moment with my baby, Jen. Any and every moment with her can make my day take a whole new turn.

Within 25 minutes, I finally arrive at work. I turn my car into the parking space that's specifically reserved for employees only and make my way into the building where I work, SJ Inc.

As I walk through the automatic glass doors and straight to my office cubicle, I am greeted by all of my fellow co-workers on the first floor. I nod and greet in return, then head to the elevator, pressing the 2nd floor button on the right. When the bell chimes and the number lights up, I step off quickly and find my office in no time with a happy bounce in my step.
The greeting process repeats itself on this floor as well.

"Good Morning, Jisoo-ssi." My receptionist greets me with a bright smile.

"Good Morning, Wonyoung." I reply. "And, how many times do I have to tell you that you don't really have to be so formal? Feel free to drop the 'ssi' and say Jisoo instead, okay?" I assured her.

"Okay." Wonyoung replied with a small chuckle.

"So, do I have any appointments today?" I asked.

"Oh, yes Jisoo. You have a meeting with the boss in her office at 10am, I put everything on your desk already. Other than that, hmmm. . . nothing else I believe." She gave a satisfied nod.

"I see. Thank you, Wonyoung." I say before walking into my office and sitting down on the swivel chair at my desk. I look around at the clutter that is my desk and sigh as I see stacks upon stacks of papers that still needed to be checked through, sorted, and signed.

I take half of the tallest stack of papers and spread half of the half along my desk, making the clutter even bigger. I sigh once again, rubbing my temple as I tried to soothe the headache I knew would be coming. Suddenly, I decide that I needed a split-second break before I even started.

I reach for the telephone on the corner of my desk and press pound and dial a number. My receptionist picks up within seconds, always punctual,

"Wonyoung could you bring me a cup of coffee, please?" I ask her kindly, as always.
"Yes, Jisoo. What would you like?" Was her reply. I decided on a simple Cappuccino. Anything to keep my spirits high.
Ahh, I thought, this is going to be a long day. . . .

I then close my eyes, lean back in the chair, and think about my fishy's little smile, letting every picture of her smiling flood my mind. I smile at the pictures in my mind -- her waking up, smiling everytime there's food, when she's hears something funny, when she's watching tv, even smiling when she's tired. Memories of her face clears my mind and drives the headache away just as quickly as it came.

A minute later Wonyoung comes into my office, a cup of Cappuccino coffee in her hand.

"Here you are, Jisoo." I open my eyes. Her head is poking into my office around the small wall.

"Just put it there. Thank you." I tell her. She sets the drink down and turns to leave to her desk in front of my office.

I check the wall clock to the left of me: 7:42am.

Okay, so that gives me 2 hours and some to get more papers signed before I have to go to the meeting with my boss. I shiver a bit at the concept of meeting my boss today.

I wonder what he wants to talk about. . . .
The two hours in time for the meeting goes by fairly quickly. I'd finished my entire Cappuccino, and I'd managed to clear off about a little more than half of the mess on my desk, leaving behind a mess that's was only slightly better than it had been before. I sighed looking at it. Tomorrow was also going to be a long day, I knew.