16【EMOTIONAL PAIN】

Lisa looked up at Chaeyoung with an expression I couldn't read.

"Chaeng ah, Taehyung said that, yes, she's staying there with them for the time being, but no, she's not there." Rosé's head snapped up in her direction.

"Then where is she?" She nearly shouted, beyond pissed. I cringed at her tone of voice, it was nothing but angered. There was no mercy evident in that voice. Without really meaning to, I was becoming worried for . . . her—the woman whose name I'm trying so hard to forget how to say.

It hurts to say and it hurts to know. So I will gladly forget if it can reduce the pain.

But, no matter how much I hated her right now, I didn't want to see her hurt, physically . . . well not so badly anyway. Sense can then be beaten back into her . . .

Lisa stuck her lips out a little as she answered a simple, "No one knows."

Chaeyoung made a face and quickly swiveled her head to look down at me. I swiped a slow hand across the underside of my nose and sniffled as I looked back at my best friend with big eyes. I wiped her angry tears.

"What?" I asked, my voice small. She sucked in a deep breath and replied,

"You know her . . . knew her, so well." She paused, "So, you might be the only one to know where she'd be at a time like this."

Before I could even start to think, Lisa's phone beeped a couple of times and we all paused as she quickly read the short message.

"Taehyung just said that Jennie mentioned through text that she was resting at some park." And she stopped there.

"SOME park?" Rosé inquired as Limario shrugged her shoulders just once. Then the both of them simultaneously looked at me. They were asking me.

"T-There's so many. I-I don't—" I started to say, but was quickly halted by Chaeng.

"Think hard, Jisoo. You really just might know where she is if you really think or take a wild guess." She waited for a short amount of time before huffing out some air and adding, "If you really don't know, I'll end up searching this damn province for every park if I have to, and God knows I won't be too happy when I finally catch his rat ass."

"Just one wild guess. . ." Lisa added quietly.

I could feel myself choking back a massive lump in my throat as memories flooded my thoughts and I saw myself leaning against a tree in the middle of a large park, the grass gloriously green and the trees' leaves rustling gently in the soft breeze.

It hurt. . .

My best friend and her boyfriend were terribly mistaken—a wild guess just wasn't needed. Frankly, it wasn't even part of the equation.
Simply put, I know where she is . . . I was just a bit hesitant to tell.

Maybe I was afraid, knowing what Rosé was capable of, especially after what she'd just said, and wary of what she could do to my girlfriend EX girlfriend.

"S-She's most likely at the Han River Park . . ." I whispered as I started to cry hot tears.

Look at me. Crying all over again. . .

Or maybe, I was more afraid of reliving through the moments, being tortured by the memories that once weren't painful but were painfully unbearable now. . .

It hurt like hell . . .

Rosé immediately registered the new information and pushed me aside as gently as she could before jumping up from her seat on the couch and marching quickly towards the door.

My mind was whirling away at speeds I couldn't process. I wanted to reach out and grasp quickly at her hand, but I know that would just leave me grabbing helplessly at the air, and that simply reminded me of a half-empty bed, the one I slept in this morning.
I couldn't go through that wrecking pain again. The feeling of loneliness that comes with the motion is heartbreaking enough.