21【LIFE SUCKS】

[Rosé's POV] 

"Lisa, I can't get a hold of Jisoo. She isn't answering her phone, it keeps going straight to voicemail." This worried me immensely. Jisoo letting her phone ring off the hook without calling back was never a good thing in my book.

Not someone like her.

"Don't worry, Chaeng, she probably just turned it off so she could have some peace. I mean, after all she's been through, I really think she deserves some." Lisa tried reassuring me. "Also, you call her every day. It wouldn't surprise me if she just doesn't want to speak to you today ... Just saying."

The dumbass finished with a shrug and I was completely aghast, "Whatever, Lisa, SHE LOVES ME, and she loves talking to me. I'm her best friend!" I bellowed, feeling my eyes grow big and round. But then, I sighed. "But I guess you're right." I admitted, "She might really be looking for some peace right now..."
I agreed with Lisa in the end. I did. But still ... I felt a little uneasy...

I didn't know what it was exactly, but I knew I definitely didn't like what I was feeling and it scared me. What was the source of that swelling discomfort in my heart? I found myself silently staring at the woman in front of me and short flashes of our memories together flitted through my mind. This was my girlfriend who has been with me through the roughest patches of my life. "Lisayaaa," It came out in a kind of whisper, "you know I love you a whole bunch, right?"

You can't even guess how much love that really is, can you? I think, smiling meakly at him. Somehow, still worried.

Lisa flashed a beautiful smile, "Of course, Chaeng Chipmunk, and I love you too." She paused to spread her arms out wide. "Now come over here and give me a kiss. You worry too much, Chaeng. Relax and stop being such a mother for once."

"But, don't I have good reason to worry? It's Jisoo we're talking about here. I mean, look at her, it's like bad luck follows her around wherever she goes, and it never stops. First Irene cheated on her and broke her heart, and she didn't start dating again after that for a really long time. She wouldn't trust anyone, even said she never wanted to date again."

I paused a moment and thought back to this point in time, regretting it now. With a sigh, I walked over to Lisa and basically melded my body against her before I continued. "But I convinced her to try again ... And then every girlfriend or boyfriend she got afterwards left her one day without sound reason or word."

Lisa planted a soft kiss on my frowning lips, her fingers intertwined behind my back, "Yeah, that was a little strange to me. Still is ... I remember her always blaming himself no matter how sweet she was to the people she dated, or how we kept trying to tell her that it wasn't her fault."

I nodded. Jisoo always blamed himself.

"I just ... thought everything was going to be better with Jennie. Seriously, it seemed like she loved Jisoo with all his heart, cherished the woman like she was her shining star! But look what happened, Lisa ... I seriously don't want her dating anymore." I exclaimed, almost desperately. The fingers I'd placed on each of Lisa's shoulders began digging into the fabric of his T-shirt. She squirmed a little and calmed me again with another quick kiss.

"Chaeng, you can't stop that, you know. She'll find someone eventually who will love her like she deserves to be loved."

It wasn't painful for me to agree with that one,

"Yeah, I guess you're probably right..." I remained quiet a second before my mind floated back to a man with misery-black hair, "Jinyoung!" I exclaimed, "I think he should have given that Jinyoung guy a chance. It really felt like he had very genuine feelings for Chu, and I think they would have worked out if...