8【THE SIDE THAT JENNIE SEES】

[Jennie's PoV]

My Irene had me in her close embrace; her arms snaked tightly around my waist. I looked closely into her eyes, and thought about how beautiful they were. Her soft lips pressed gently against mine, and I let myself be lulled into her kiss.

But, against my will, my mind quickly wandered to a picture of my Chu's eyes instead. I thought of how much more perfect they were than Irene's, how much more I loved it when they were within my sight, focusing on me. . . I almost rejected her lips, thinking about how much more plump and deliciously soft my Chu's were instead.

But I pushed the thoughts and image from my mind, not wanting to see that woman's beautiful face at the moment, knowing that my guilt would ruin me if I stared much longer.

To be honest, I don't get myself. . .  I don't even know why I'm cheating on her. She's the love of my life. She gives me everything, allows me to have everything—and I mean everything. . . She means everything to me. . .

But, when Irene made it clear that she wanted me and that, at first, I clearly didn't want her, she pursued me all the more. So much that, sooner or later, I felt myself compelled to be drawn in by her; then she caught me. And immediately afterward, my heart and soul rejected her—her touch, her looks, her attention.

But I let my mind lie to me. .  It accepted her.
My mind was still unfortunately stuck on everything I could have been experiencing with my Chu currently, when a loud tire screeched in the direction of the road beside us. For some unknown reason, my heartbeat quickened it's pace and my mind whirled inside my head.

My head snapped to the left and my head tilted in immediate recognition of the car that sat there. My heart told me who it was, and of course it was her. . . My Chu. . .

As she marched toward us, my brain shouted for me to say something, but my mouth wouldn't cooperate. All I could get out was, "Baby. . ." before she shouted at me not to call him that.

The breath left me seeing Jisoo crying so hard, knowing that it was all my fault. Her tears and her rage quite literally tore a hole in my heart as I felt it constrict and tighten up, hardly allowing itself to pump in regular time. I would have let a hand travel up to clench the chest space that housed my heart had I not been frozen solid, staring guiltily.

Next thing I knew, I was shoved backward so severely I nearly lost my footing. I'd said something dumb and worthless that had pissed her off even more. I didn't even know what it had been, though.

I was so stupidly lost within myself that I wasn't even aware of what had come from my mouth.

Chu's eyes spilled rage. I have never seen Chu so mad in all the years we've been together, in all the time I have known him.

I hate myself so much right now. . .

Thinking that it'd be wise to think and listen to myself before I talked, I was about to allow myself to say something again, when Irene, who I had shamefully forgotten was still in our presence, said to Jisoo something along the lines of she could explain or something like that.

But apparently, I had missed the bigger issue, because suddenly, Jisoo shouted, "CALM THE FUCK DOWN?!?!" and minutes later, after I thought that she'd actually calmed down, Irene doubled over and had fallen to the ground.

I had missed everything leading up to this moment; I didn't know what Irene had said, I don't know what else Jisoo had said, I don't even know why Irene had been kneed in the stomach and punched in the face. I was too busy looking to the eyes I loved so much, cursing myself and thinking about what in the world would I ever do without her. . . If she leaves me.