Nightmare (Chapter four)

Gavin's smile dropped when he got alerted of a new case assigned to him and Conan of course.

The android heard Gavin sigh. "Anything wrong detective Reed?" Conan asked.

"Fuck off plastic prick." Reed said in a hostile tone.

The android sighed softly. "Shall we be heading?" Conan said it quickly.

"Shall we fucking what?" Gavin asked confused.

"Shall we be going?" The android said it more slower.

"Yeah yeah, let's go prick."

Once they got there Gavin went to question the person who reported to police

[ Analysing.. ]

Conan analysed the man, not seeing any suspicions with Gabriel Jones. The person who reported screaming from their girlfriends room.

Gavin kept questioning him and Conan went to analyse the area for fingerprints, weapons, anything that can help find out what happened. Conan saw the lifeless body of Lauren Parry. Plenty of bullet wounds to the woman but there wasn't just the ladies bloody but thirium as well. An android was involved and seeing that there was a knife hiding under the bed with the android's blood on it, the victim was trying to defend themselves and not the android. Had it gone deviant? Most likely.

Once Conan gathered more information like how the android killed the victim it was safe enough to go and report his theory and the information to detective Reed.

After Conan explained the crime scene Gavin asked. "Where's the fucking android then?"

"Most likely still in the house somewhere since the deviant lost too much thirium or what a human like you would call it 'blue blood'."

"I knew what it fucking meant!"

"Of course you did detective" Conan nodded.

"Ok tincan, look for the fucking deviant!"

------------------------------------------------------------

They were back at the police department. They both couldn't find the deviant but they were going to try again the next day. It was late again and again Gavin was tired but this time he was drinking coffee to keep himself awake. Once Gavin finished his cup he got up and started heading out. "Come on prick"

Conan looked over at Gavin confused. "Where are we going detective Reed?"

"My place, and call me Gavin for fucks sake." Gavin left and Conan followed.

Gavin got into his car, the driver seat. Waiting for Conan to enter the car and the android did so. The car ride to the apartment was silent.

Once they arrived Gavin got out of the car and went to the apartment to open the door. Conan followed him shortly and they both went inside.

"I didn't get to say this last night but you have a nice place." Conan looked around

"Thanks tincan." He smirked. "Oh, Conan-" Conan looked over at him surprised that Gavin used his name. "Don't do anything stupid."

Conan nodded softly and kept looking around.

"I'm going to bed, don't come and fucking kill me ok?"

Conan chuckled. "Why would I kill you?" He asked.

Gavin shrugged and headed to his room. Closing the door behind him after entering.

Plenty of hours later.

Conan was sitting on the couch petting Gavin's cat. It was 3:09 am and Conan could hear groaning coming from Gavin's room.

He got up to check on Gavin, heading down the hall and opening the door to the bedroom he could see Gavin twitching seeming to be having a nightmare. How did Conan know? He assumed.

The android walked over to the bed and shook Gavin softly. Gavin woke up breathing heavily. "Phcking!-"

Conan looked at Gavin worried. "Gavin, are you alright? Your stress levels are raising by 67%"

Gavin didn't say anything hurtful or just a word in general. Just nodded.

"Did you have a nightmare..?" Conan asked with a soft look.

Gavin just sat still.

"Gavin?"

Gavin covered his face with the covers he had been sleeping in, shaking.

Conan was even more worried as he could hear some of sobs coming through the covers.

"Shit..I'm fucking pathetic!"

"No you aren't Gavin!"

Gavin continued to sob. Conan decided to pull the man into his embrace. Gavin tried hitting the android's chest to make him let go but he gave up and hugged back.

[ Software instability ^ ]

Conan tried to comfort Gavin to make him calm down and it worked. After 30 minutes and 57 seconds Gavin laid back down. Conan was about to get up and leave before hearing.

"Don't go..you plastic prick." Gavin mumbled and Conan smiled and nodded. "Ok, I won't."

"Just fucking..lay down there.." Gavin pointed to the space right next to him on the bed, Conan did so and seeing that Gavin fell asleep in a matter of seconds he started going into sleep mode before seeing in his vision again.

[ Software instability ^ ]