Pattern Playing

Raiden

I sat down closing my eyes, leaning back, slightly swaying to the light sound of violin.
This is the 5th time I'm sitting in my comfortable VIP seat enjoying the free the live performance of this violinist.

For the 5th consecutive day, I sat here for a longer time than I usually do so that I can listen to the performance.

But actually today I'm here not just to listen. I clenched my fists and shuddered slightly. Cold weather, that's it. Even though the sun is blazing and I'm starting to sweat, it's the cold weather that made me shudder.

The music from the violin came to a halt and my heartbeat quickened. Oh uh. Here it is.

I quickly shuffled back to my feet, taking a hold of my stick and adjusting my black glasses.

Breath in, breath out. Oof, you have got this.

Raiden Go!

I heard her footsteps on the concrete surface, the stairs, now the hard grass filled ground. She continued walking in her usual pace, not slowing down today over here like she usually does.

I cleared my throat and walked 3 steps to the left, hoping to be now standing infront of her.

"Hey" I smiled.

She stopped in her tracks, right infront of me.

All silent.

I know it's no news to her that I have been sitting here everyday, watching her walk back after her practice.

I know that she is aware of my presence,I know that her slowed down steps were for me.

I know that by now she is aware of me being blind, not that I tired to hide, it's pretty obvious like I said before.

I stood there and waited for her to say something.

Nothing.

"I have been noticing you for quite a few days here. Practicing your violin. So I thought I should approach you" I smiled even wider.

Oh I hope I don't sound like a stalker.

I paused again, hoping with everything in me that she would say something. It was so quite that I doubted if she is even standing here anymore, but her fragrance and light sound of breathing stated that she still is.

I waited and waited and waited and waited.

Dude speak up.

My heart was going crazy, beating so loud. I feared that the sound of my heartbeat was echoing all over in this quite place. She can't hear it, right? That would be super embarrassing.

There was slight shuffling sound from her side. finally, she is gonna say something.

Yay! Heart, calm down, but yay!

I heard her let out a sigh, and before I could react, her steps regained pace on the ground, and she walked past me.

What the...

What the hell?

Did she just ignore me?

Okay if she didn't like me, she could have said so. But she walked past me? Ignoring me? Like i am some insignificant insect.

My narcissistic ego is hurt and bruised and wounded and crying and wailing and broken and blah blah, but you get the point.

Woah. I stomped my feet annoyed and walked back home.

                       __________

I stood there again, on the same spot as yesterday. The sound of her footsteps echoed in the quite as she walked towards my direction.

"It wasn't very nice of you to ignore me, you know" I let out as I felt her within the hearing distance, my voice holding a grudge.

"If you didn't like me you could have just said so" I continued as a felt her walk past me.

She was close, pretty close. I know as a strand of her hair brushed over my face with the blowing wind as she walked past.

Oof. I shuddered. Control. Raiden!

"I-I take being said a 'no' to better than being ignored. Rude." She has already walked past me to the opposite direction, but I continued anyway. What a man gotta say, he is gotta say.

She halted. Oh uh, doesn't sound good. But oh yes.

And started walking again. What? But I instead of the sound from her steps getting fainter, it got louder. She is coming towards me?

Damnnnn.

What do I do? Run away? Wait, am I freaking out rightnow? Raidennnn.

She walked past me and stood infront of me. Doesn't sound nice.

Am I getting slapped? Atleast no one except the both of us would know, less embarrassing.

I squeezed my eyes shut behind the glasses
But instead of feeling her palm against my face, I felt it brush against my fingers.

I froze.

Girl what? My eyes shot open as she took hold of my hand in her own.

Bringing it up, she held my hand, front of my palm facing upwards.

"W-what..." I started but stop as I felt her run her single finger over my palm, drawing some... patterns?

Okay until now I was worried about sounding like a creepy weird person. But honestly, she is the weird one here. What the hell is she doing.

I shuddered as her finger continued to run over my palm. It felt...good? Raiden, snap out this instant!

She stopped the pattern drawing thingy, then continued again, moving her finger the same way she did earlier.

Okay so what am I supposed to make of it? What is this? Is she trying to write something over my palm? But she can just speak.. no?

"Am I supposed to read t-this?" She pressed my index finger between her finger and thumb.

Is that a yes? A no? An are you stupid?

"I'll take that as a yes" I shrugged and she continued the supposed writing.

She drew a straight like and stopped. What's that? An 'I'?

Another one, she drew a zigzag. Z? W? M? Sounds M.

Another M I suppose.

A half round. O? U? I'll stick with U

T was easy to recognise

So was E

That's it. Now I'm supposed to piece them together.

I.M.M.U.T.E what?

Immute? Immute? Im mute? Wait. Mute.

"I Am Mute?" I asked out loud, my eyes going wide.

I heard her let out a deep sign. And pressed my index finger.

That's a yes then.

She knocked the mid of my palm with her index finger, twice.

And the walked away.

She is mute. She can't speak. That's why she won't talk. But she could have used sign language? Okay wait. Even if she did...I can't see it.

Damn, I pulled on my hair realising we can't talk in anyway, except for this pattern drawing, that's no where an efficient tool of communication.

Disappointment gushed into me as I walked back home. I really wanted to talk to her, for some reason.

For some unfanthomable reason, that is.
_____________