The Blooming Friendship

Raiden

I sat in my usual spot, loosing myself into the sound of voilin. It was soothing. It was honest. It was beautiful.

After another 5minutes the music came to a halt. That's it, for today. I Ieaned more in to the tree's bark planning to take a quick nap. It was sunny today making me extremely lazy and sleep.

I held back back a yawn as I heard the approaching steps.

"Heyy" I raised my hand waving to the violinist I have come to appreciate.

Her steps stopped. Right infront of me. I felt her walk over to me by the tree. There was again some shuffling sound and her presence felt overwhelmingly near.

Did she just sat down beside me?

Oh. I felt a giddy smile threatening to break my face.

There was another slight thud, I'm guessing this was from her violin's case being put of the ground.

Her hand again reached mine. In turn instead of getting shocked, this time my urge to smile widened.

Suppressed smile let loose and spread over my face, as I decoded her pattern drawing.

"H.E.Y :) "

And yes there was a smiley at the end. Took me a few seconds to realise, but definitely a smiley. I felt a weird feeling rise inside me, i felt ticklish, giddy, slightly happy?

"H.E.R.E A.G.A.I.N ?" She wrote after settling down comfortably. Her side almost brushing my knee sending my heart riding on a freaking horse running in a race. Calm down dude.

"I'm here everyday" I shrugged with a smile.

"I K.N.O.W"
I suppressed an urge to jump around happy. She noticed me. Daily. Everyday.

Not a big deal when you are practically sitting in her way, everyday. But still, she noticed me, my heart squealed.

"Raiden. Raiden Adams" I smiled forwarding my hand for a handshake.

She took my hand and gave it a squeeze, before again turning it face up and running her finger over my palm.

"C.A.R.O.L M.I.L.L.S" Carol Mills. Carol. Carol. I repeated her name in my head over and over. Carol. It's a pretty name.

"Carol. Suits you" I grinned.

We sat there for some more time. In silence. It was difficult to communicate for us. I kept speaking occasionally though. Something or anything. She reacted my pinching my finger or tapping my arm, just so I know that I have her attention.

It felt nice. It was nothing special, nothing much, but I was happy. After a really really long time...I was actually, even though just a little bit, but happy.

~•~•~•~

"Heyyyyy" I waved as she walked over to me after her violin practice the next day and settled down.

I waited from for her hand to touch mine. But nothing came. Nothing. I waited for a few seconds before a voice broke the silence.

"Hey"

I shoot up straight. What the hell? It was a female voice.

But that can't be hers, for many reasons. It was more like an emotion-less mechanical voice.

"What was that?" I asked intriguingly.

I heard a noise, close to a chuckle. She is laughing? Oh heart, stop fluttering.