Thunder And Lightning

Raiden

It's been a few days since we have been dating. Yes, we are finally dating. Around two weeks back after our supposed first date, she told me that she likes me.

Needless to say, I was elated. I almost jumped and hugged her. I told her it was mutual.

She was happy, and I? Well I was.. extremely happy, so happy that just thinking about it rightnow has made my face split into a involuntary smile.

"What are smiling so wide about?" Came the now familiar mechanical voice, and a finger poked my cheek

I shook my head, my smile only getting wider.

"Nothing" my grip tightening around her frame.

She breathed in, her head resting on the crook of my neck, both of us sitting leaning on the tree behind.

I nuzzled into her hair, breathing in content. Her finger danced on my palm, writing something. I smiled trying to pay attention.

"Raiden" I said out loud. She wrote my name.

"I like your name" she said. Her palm spread through mine, entwining our fingers.

"What does it mean?" She continued as I locked out hands together.

"Thunder and lightning" I felt her nod against me "my eyes are blue, the darker kind. My mom said it reminded her of thunders and of a stormy night. That's why they named me Raiden."

My eye colour was something I really liked about myself. Everyone in my family had brown eyes, except my dad, I obviously inherited my blue ones from him.

But I remember mine being more intense. Mom always told me how my eyes are really beautiful, and then dad would walk around grumbling how she had fallen in love with him because of his eyes. Mom and I would just laugh at him.

All this was before I lost my eyesight. Because now I am always ever wearing my glasses, even at home. My parents may hardly remember the colour of my eyes by now.

I felt Carol shift in my arms, her hand slipping out of my grip.

Before I could ask anything, her hands reached my face and rested on the side of my glasses.

I thought she is gonna pull it off, but her palms stayed put, lingering there.

She is asking for permission. I smiled and gave a nod and the glasses were carefully discarded from my face.

Silence, for a few seconds.

Then her hands returned, holding my chin she angled it, probably towards her.

She cupped my face with one hand, and let the other linger. Her finger caressed the corner of the eye, and then went tracing my eye line.

My hand trailed from the small back to her waist, pulling her closer.

Her hands had been lingering all over my face for long.

I cupped her face, and she paused her excursion. I heard her suck in a breath as my thumb traced for bottom lip.

They trembled under my touch, causing me to smile. I inched closer to her, my heart beating widely.

Her forehead touched mine, then rested against it. This time I didn't inch closer, she did.

Her hands moved from my cheek, traveling down to my neck, one settled on my nape, the other slipped all the way down to my chest, resting above me heart.

I'm pretty sure she can hear it beating wildly, I don't even wish to hide.

He breath fanned my face, her scent completely consuming me like it belonged to me.