Not A Forever?

Raiden

"So..?" I let the 'o' stretch. "How is it?" I asked, my voice sounding nervous to my own ears.

I felt her lightly tugging her hand, I let it go from my embrace. Moments later, the unlocking click of her mobile phone hit my ears.

"Is that me?" Came the mechanical voice.

I chucked "You are only person I know who plays a violin, Carol." I replied with a grin.

"You like it? Does it look okay?" The nervousness was back.

In reply, I felt her moving out of my embrace. Wait, what's wrong? I'm kind off sure the painting didn't turn out well, but it isn't definitely bad enough to make her run away. Or is it?

Before I could run the horses in my head any faster, I felt her arms wrap softly around me.

My body involuntarily pulled her closer tucking her safe in my embrace.

"Carol, I-" a haste yet soft touch on my cheek stopped me. My eyes widened in realization and heartbeat quickened. A full-blown smile made its way on my face. She kissed me, on my cheek.

My heart swayed with happiness. "What was that for?" I caressed her head lovingly before placing a return-gift peck on the hair. I felt her face split in a grin against my neck.

Moments later she let go of me and I heard the phone unlock again. I stood, brooding over the loss of her embrace. Well this mode of communication is pretty disadvantageous at times like this.

"It was a thank you for the beautiful painting"

"You like it?" my voice sounded hopeful.

"I love it, really. Thank you so much"

I plucked her back into a tight embrace. Oh, how much I love holding her and cuddling her.

"Want to describe the painting?" I asked and felt her nod against me, then she turned in my arms, her back now against my front. I held her tighter into a back hug.

"it's a girl. Holding a violin, sitting on the green grass. There is a violin case resting beside her" I hummed into her hair smiling

"By the way, my hair is longer and darker than that. I like the dress. And how did you get my ring right?" My silent chuckle turned into full blown laugh by the end of the ranting.

"I will remember the hair detail when I paint you the next time" I nuzzled into her hair. She smells nice. "And I have a little fascination with your ring."

"Next time?" she askes

"Next time." I nod confused

"There is gonna be a next time?"

"Why won't there be?" I frowned.

I heard a chuckle, deepening my frown.

"What?" I asked her exasperated.

"Nothing" She turned and wrapped herself around me, digging her face into my neck she inhaled.

"You're smiling" I smiled and felt the curve of her lips now stretch into a grin, she nodded against me.

This is nice. I like this, everything, the way it is. I only wish nothing would change.

~•~•~•~

I stood leaning on the tree. The slightly cold breeze blew hitting my face and disrupting my hair. I kicked on the stray pebbles that lay scattered on the grass, trying to cease my boredom and letting some time pass, as I waited.