FORTY

"Oh, no! Oh, it's gone

"Oh, no! Oh, it's gone. Geez, I don't know how...where it went."

----------

"Hey." Joey and Chandler walked into Monica and Rachel's apartment.

"Hey." Phoebe, Monica, and I greeted them.

"Ooh, look at you fancy lads." Phoebe said to them in a British accent. "What's the occasion?" She handed me a cup of coffee.

"You know the guy in show that's in a coma? He's having a brunch." He leaned against the back of my chair. The others didn't seem to take note of it, but Monica looked at us with a smile.

"Ready when you are." Rachel stepped out of her room.

"Alright." Phoebe and I stood up to put our cups and plates into the sink.

"I can't believe you guys are getting tattoos." Monica shook her head.

"Excuse me. You guys are getting tattoos?" Chandler crossed his arms over his chest and raised an eyebrow specifically at me.

"Chandler, you can't tell me what to do." I whined like I used to when we were younger. He held his hands up in surrender.

"You cannot tell Ross 'cause I want to surprise him." Rachel answered.

"Wow. This is so wild." Joey chuckled. "W–What are you guys going to get?" He looked up at me with a smile that made me melt.

"Um, I'm getting a lily." Phoebe spoke up. "For my mom. 'Cause her name is Lily." She poured some milk into her coffee. "I'm probably just going to get it on my shoulder."

"Wow, that's lucky. What if her name was 'Big Ugly Splotch'?" Chandler took a sip of his juice.

"And Suparna? What are you going to get, ba—best friend?" Joey caught himself.

"I was just going to get some initials with a heart around it." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Aww!" Monica exclaimed when she heard me. I looked down at my fingers and misled to myself.

"Maybe I should get a tattoo, too." He quickly stood up. "Right on my bicep or on my shoulder." He flexed for me.

"What? What's on your shoulder?" Ross came walking into the  apartment.

"A c–chip." Joey stuttered out. "A tattoo. I'm getting a tattoo." He admitted.

"A tattoo? Why would you want to do that?" Ross inquired. Then, he greeted Rachel with a kiss.

"You don't think they're kind of cool?" She played with the collar of his shirt.

"No. Sorry, I don't." He shook his head. "I mean, why would anyone pay someone to scar their body for life? And what if it doesn't come out right, Joe? Then it's like having a bad haircut all the time." We all turned back to look at him. "Why is everyone staring at me?"