SEVENTY

"Hey

"Hey. Can you take a duck and a chick to the theater?"

----------

"Phoebe, are you still on hold? I was supposed to call my dad back, like, two hours ago." Rachel stepped out of her room to see Phoebe still on the phone.

"Oh, yeah, he clicked on. He said to call him as soon as you get a chance and that he's at Flimby's." Phoebe forwarded the message. 

"What's Flimby's?" Rachel tilted her head to the side in confusion.

"Right, yeah, that's the word I use when I can't remember the real thing." Phoebe replied.

"Hang up, okay? That's it. Come on." Rachel sat down next to Phoebe on the couch.

"That's what they want me to do. My warranty expires tomorrow. If I don't get through, they're not going to fix my crappy, broken phone for free." She defended herself. "We can't let them win. It's us versus them." She stood her ground in resistance.

"Yes!" Chandler pumped a fist into the air.

"Hey." Joey came into the apartment. "Uh, listen, I got to double check for tickets tonight. Who got what?" He asked all of us.

"I have one. As usual." I rolled my eyes teasingly.

"Nice to see you, too, babe." He pecked my lips.

"I have one." Rachel, Chandler, and Phoebe said at the same time.

"I need two. I'm bringing Pete...my boyfriend. I have a boyfriend now." Monica stuffed her mouth with popcorn.

"Two it is." Joey pointed at her. "Ross, how about he?" He looked at him.

"Uh, yeah, I, uh...I also need two." He cleared his throat.

"Really? Who's number two?" Monica inquired.

"Whose number two? One of the more difficult games sewer workers play." Chandler joked.

"No, it–it's just this person." Ross tried to wave it off.

"Like a date type of person?" Phoebe glanced back at him.

"Kind of, yeah." Ross nodded his head. "It's this woman from work. I hope that won't be too weird. Will it, Rach?" He stared at the back of Rachel's head.

"N–No. No, not at all, not at all." I could feel the anger radiating off of Rachel. "I was actually going to bring somebody myself." She stuttered out.

"But you said one ticket." Joey stated while I tried to give him a look to keep his mouth shut. Of course, he caught my cue a little too late.

"I meant me plus one." She clarified.

"Did, uh, did you guys mean you plus one?" He turned to the others, who shook their heads.

"Alright. I'll see you tonight." Ross pat Joey's arm.