SEVENTY SIX

"Oh my God!"

"Oh my God!"

----------

"How desperate am I?" Monica stepped out of her room.

"Good thing Chandler's not here. He always wins at this game." Rachel smile up at her.

"I just told my mom I'd cater a party for her." Monica took a seat at the dining table.

"How come?" Phoebe finished spreading cream cheese on her bagel.

"Because I need the money, and I thought it'd be a great way to get rid of that last little smidgen of self–respect." Monica smiled sarcastically.

"Well, I think this is a good thing." Ross spoke up. "I don't think Mom would have hired you if she didn't think you were good at what you do." He replied.

"No one cares what you think." I blurted out, making everyone turn to me. "I didn't mean that. I'm just tired." I leaned my head against the dining table.

"You don't have to stick up for her. She can't hear you." Monica turned back to her brother. Later in the day, Rachel and I stopped by the guys' apartment.

"Hey." We greeted them simultaneously.

"Uh, you guys have any juice?" Rachel asked while I looked through their fridge.

"Just pickle." Joey answered before continuing to read his newspaper. She joined me in searching for anything edible in their fridge.

"Hey, uh, Rach, funny story. I bumped into Joanna on the street yesterday." Chandler poured himself a cup of coffee from his thermos.

"My boss, Joanna?" Rachel stood up. "Wow, that must have been awkward." She made a face.

"Well, no. She asked me if I wanted to get a drink." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Oh, God." I groaned and shut the fridge door.

"You, uh, didn't say yes to that, did you?" Rachel laughed nervously.

"No." Chandler let out a laugh with her.

"She's in the bathroom, isn't she?" I crossed my arms over my chest. Right on cue, Rachel's boss, the famous Joanna, stepped out of the bathroom in a towel.

"Hello, Rachel." Joanna quickly greeted her and went into Chandler's room.

"Ooh, you're good." Joey looked up at me.

"Yeah. I know." I brushed my hair to behind my shoulders and went over to him. I took a seat in his lap and tossed aside the newspaper. "The show's about to begin." I whispered to him as we watched Rachel and Chandler.

"Well, not at first." Chandler changed his answer, but it was too late. Rachel was fuming.

"What is she doing here?" She enunciated to him. That's when Joey made noises that sounded like a bed creaking, meaning they had sex. "I don't understand. Last time you went out with her, you said she was a big, dull dud!" Rachel spat out.