Destiny Islands (part 1)

"Rein? Rein wake up. Wake up, Rein. Rein!" Rein opened her eyes and was startled by the pair of bluish-purple eyes staring down at her. "Haha. It's about time you woke up. I expected to find Sora sleeping on the beach. You don't usually take naps in the middle of the day."

"Speaking of Sora, we should probably look for him. Where do you think he is, Kairi?"

"I don't know. But knowing Sora, he's probably somewhere napping on the beach." Rein and Kairi were looking around the beach of Destiny Islands until they noticed said boy napping near the water. "There he is. Napping as usual."

"Sure looks like it. Kairi, can you go wake him up? I'm going to go look for Riku. Do you know where I could find him?"

"Try looking near the raft. He's probably working on it."

"Figures. Ever since we started on it, all he's been focused on is working on that raft. Thanks Kairi." Rein started walking to the where they had their raft until she noticed a paopu tree nearby. "We're going to need some food while we're out sailing. I guess it wouldn't hurt to get some." She started to climb up the tree until she was almost an arm-length away from a paopu fruit and tried to reach for it. "Almost got it."

"What are you doing?"

Rein was startled and lost her hold on the tree and started to fall towards the ground until she was caught by someone. She opened her eyes and looked up at the silver-haired boy who had caught her.

"You shouldn't have snuck up on me like that, Riku!" Riku put Rein as the said girl looked down to hide the blush on her face. "Kairi told me that you were working on the raft. I wanted to look for you to see if you needed any help."

"Then why did I find you on this tree trying to get a paopu fruit? Were you planning to share it with someone? You do know what it means when you share a paopu fruit with someone, right?"

"Of course I do. You're the one who told me about it seven years ago when we first met, remember?"

Flashback...

"Riku! Where are you?! Riku!" Sora was looking around Destiny Island for Riku when he noticed someone walking into the secret spot. "I got you now, Riku." He followed the person into the secret spot before hiding in a corner. "Gotcha!" Sora jumped and tackled the person to the ground. "Huh? You're not Riku."

Instead of Riku, it turns out that Sora had tackled a girl around his age. The girl had brown hair that was tied in pigtails by a pair of white bows. She was wearing a yellow short-sleeved dress, a pair of white socks, and a pair of brown dress shoes. Sora quickly got off the girl before helping her up.

"I'm really sorry. I thought that you were Riku. He's a friend of mine, and I've been looking for him. No one else knows about this spot besides me and Riku, so I thought you were him."

"It's okay. I'm Rein."

"Sora. I should continue looking for Riku. I wanted to have another rematch against him again. It was nice meeting you, Rein. Sorry again for tackling you. See ya!"

"Bye Sora." Rein waited for Sora to leave before she looked back towards the back of the cave. "I know you're there. I saw you come in here before I did. You can stop hiding now." Riku walked out of his hiding spot and over to Rein. "Are you Riku? Why are you hiding from Sora?"

"I'm not hiding from him. I'm just avoiding him, that's all. Sora's been asking me for rematches all day. I was starting to get annoyed and needed some time to myself. He just needs to accept the fact that he can never beat me." It was silent for a while until a small growling sound was heard before Riku placed his hand over his stomach. "I guess I was too busy avoiding Sora that I forgot to eat lunch."