Training with Leon

"Anything on the radar, Donald?"

"Nothing."

"How about we head back to Traverse Town?" Sora took out something out of his pocket before Rein looked and saw it was a page torn from a book. "I want to see if this torn page we found is from Merlin's book."

"Who's Merlin?"

"Oh yeah. You weren't with us when we met him. You can meet him when we get there."

"Then it's off to Traverse Town!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's a good thing Cid installed that warp drive. I'm still not used to those bumpy rides every time we run into Heartless ships." Sora, Donald, and Goofy were about to start heading to Merlin's when Sora saw that Rein was heading towards a different direction. "Where are you going, Rein?"

"I'm going to find Leon and the others. I figured that since we're here, I can get more training with Leon. I'll just meet up with you guys later." Sora nodded his head before he, Donald, and Goofy left to go to Merlin's while Rein walked around Traverse Town. "I wonder where I should look. Maybe I can ask Cid if he knows where they might be." Rein walked to behind the Accessory Shop and found Cid looking at a gummi block. "Hey Cid."

"Hey kid. You're looking for Leon, I bet." Rein looked down to hide her blush as she nodded her head. "He's probably training somewhere. Try looking in the Second District. Where are Sora, Donald, and Goofy?"

"They went to give something to Merlin. Thanks for the help, Cid."

Rein went into the Second District as some Heartless soldiers appeared and surrounded her. She fought the Heartless until she felt her magic getting low. Needing some time to recover more magic, Rein started running towards the door to the Third District until a huge Heartless appeared and stood in her way. Before she could do anything, the huge Heartless used its body to slam her back and onto the ground. She quickly got up and started fighting it until it knocked her onto the ground again. Before she could get up, someone ran past her and destroyed the Heartless. Making sure that there weren't any more Heartless around, Leon turned around and looked down at Rein.

"Thanks Leon. I thought I was a goner."

"I was just looking around for some Heartless for me to fight when I saw that you were in trouble." Leon held out his hand so Rein can grab it before he pulled her up on her feet. "I saw how you fought that Heartless. You've improved, just a bit though. Where are the others?"

"Thanks. Sora, Donald, and Goofy went to give something to Merlin. I'm actually glad you're here. I wanted to ask if you can help train me some more. I already told Sora that I was going to meet up with them later."

"Alright." Leon turned around and walked a few steps before turning around again to face Rein. "Now," Leon stood in a fighting stance with his gun blade held in front of him. "first let's see how you much you've improved."

Leon started charging at her until he was close enough to swing his gun blade at her. Rein quickly moved to dodge Leon's blade while having her barrier up just in case. She quickly jumped back and barely dodged Leon's gun blade but she accidentally lost her footing and fell onto her butt. She looked up to see Leon's gun blade pointing at her until Leon held his gun blade at his side before helping Rein up.

"You need to work on your footwork so you won't trip while you're in a middle of a fight. Now let's try this again."

Rein nodded her head before moving to stand in a fighting stance. Leon held his gun blade above the ground before charging at Rein as the said girl moved to the side to dodge his blade. She was caught by surprise when Leon got her with a sweep kick, causing her to fall on her side. She quickly rolled towards the side to dodge Leon's gun blade and also did a sweep kick and, surprisingly, caught Leon by surprise and knocked him down on his side. Using the opportunity, Rein quickly got up and turned to face Leon who also got up and started charging at her. Seeing Leon charging towards her Rein started shooting Purity Bursts, but Leon was able to block and guard against them. When he was close enough, Leon swung his gun blade down at her but was stopped by her barrier. He continued pushing against the barrier to try to break through it, but Rein was able to keep it in tact. After a while, Leon placed his gun blade at his side before Rein put away her barrier.

"Not bad, but you didn't really try using your Purity Blasts until the end though. You need to get used to using your magic to attack. We should go look for your friends." Leon moved to rest his gun blade on his shoulder but stopped when he felt some pain. "Almost forgot about that."

"Are you okay, Leon?"

"It's nothing. Just a small wound I got while fighting some Heartless." Leon placed his hand in his pocket but didn't feel anything inside it. "I thought I still had one potion left, but I guess not."

"You can use one of my potions."

"No. You need as much potions as you can carry when you're going off to different worlds."

"At least let me see how bad it is."

"Like I said it's—" Just by looking at her face, Leon can tell that Rein wasn't going to take 'no' for an answer. "*sigh* Fine." Leon removed his jacket before sitting down with his back facing Rein. "Not really much to be worried about."

"Still." Rein knelt down behind him and was relieved to only see a large bruise on the back of his shoulder. "Just a large bruise. That's good." She placed her hand on the bruise and applied a bit of pressure, causing Leon to flinch. "Still tender, though. That's why you felt some pain when you moved your arm. Huh?" Her hand started to glow with a green aura as the bruise started to fade. "It's gone?"

"Feels like you discovered your healing ability." Leon got up and put his jacket back on before turning to face Rein whose hand was still glowing. "It's another one of the abilities of the Guardian of Hearts." Rein watched her hand stopped glowing before getting up and looking up at Leon. "Your powers are evolving rather quickly. You said that Sora was going to see Merlin, right? Do you know where his lair is?" Rein thought for a bit before shaking her head. "Merlin's lair is just behind that door over there." Rein look towards where Leon was pointing and saw the red door in the wall. "I'm going to continue to look for any more Heartless. Try to find out how to use to your new healing ability. It's going to come in handy on your journey. I expect to see improvement from you next time I see you. I might not be around to save you next time."

"I will. Thanks Leon. Be more careful time. I won't always around to heal you." Rein watched Leon leave the Second District before heading towards the red door leading to Merlin's lair. "I wonder why I didn't notice this door last time I was here." She opened the door and walked into a huge dark cave. "This cave is huge! How is it possible?" She looked ahead and saw a small house on a small island surrounded by water, and the only path to reach the island was a path of floating rocks. "That must where Merlin lives. I should probably be careful when hopping across these rocks." Rein carefully hopped across the rocks, almost losing her balance on the last rock. "That was close." She hopped onto the island and walked into the small house where she found Donald, Goofy, and an old man in blue robes. "Hey guys. Where's Sora?"

"Sora went into that book over there on the podium."

"He went inside a book? How?"

"With my magic, of course." Rein looked at the old man as he made a cup of tea magically appear in his hand. "You can call me Merlin. I'm guessing that you are a friend of Sora's."

"Sora and I are from the same world. My name's Rein. Nice to meet you, Merlin." Rein walked over to the podium and pick up the book. "So you used your magic to put Sora inside this book? Is there a way for you to get him out?"

Rein's question was answered when the book started glowing. Rein faced the book away from her before Sora fell out of the book and onto the bed. She closed the book and placed it back on the podium before walking over to the bed to help him up.

"Welcome back, Sora." Rein held out her hand before Sora grabbed her hand and was pulled up off the bed. "What were you doing inside that book?"

"I met a new friend. His name's Pooh. I'll take you with me next time so you can meet him." Sora let go of Rein's hand before turning to face Merlin. "We gotta get moving. We'll come back and visit again later. See ya, Merlin."

"Bye Sora. It's was nice meeting you, Rein."

"Likewise."

Sora, Rein, Donald, and Goofy walked out of Merlin's house and started hopping across the rocks. Rein lost her balance and almost fell into the water, but Sora quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her back. Sora, Rein, Donald, and Goofy got into their gummi ship and left Traverse Town. They had to shoot their way through Heartless ships until they ended up being swallowed by a huge whale called Monstro.