Chapter 3

I sighed as I changed into clothes that Nya was nice enough to lend me. I honestly don't know why I haven't befriended these kids sooner. Maybe I was distracted with the band and my own friends? Maybe I didn't want to get picked on like them. The group always got called names by other students. I never wanted to get involved because I was scared, I guess. I put on the gray tank top and black jeans and put on my own sweatshirt which I surprisingly didn't lose during the fight last night. I put my converse on and put my hair up in a half up do and and called it a day with appearance. I looked in a mirror and saw I had bags under my eyes and looked overall exhausted. I sighed again. 

Cole and I decided that after rehearsal that we'll get some necessities from my house to bring to my new home. I looked over the bland room for a few seconds until a knock was heard on the door. 

"(Y/N)," it was Cole. "Are you ready?" he asked through the door. He was excited to be apart of the rehearsal and I laughed. 

"Yeah, one sec." I finished packing my bag which held a water bottle, my phone, a charger, my songbook and a few pencils. I walked over and opened the door to see Cole peering down at me wearing a gray muscle tank hoodie thing and black jeans along with black vans. An expression of excitement was placed on his face. "I'm ready."

"Woah, woah, woah, where are you two going? And matching?" A high pitched voice asked. Jay was down the hall watching us. His eyebrow was raised in curiosity but he was also smirking. Matching? Oh, I guess we were. 

"We're going to my rehearsal," I answered quickly, checking the time on my phone. "That I'm going to be late for if we don't head out. Bye!" I quickly said goodbye before pulling Cole to the deck. 

"Man! I wish I could go!" I heard Jay whine from behind. I shook my head with a smile. 

"You've been getting along well with practically everyone, it's pretty shocking," Cole stated, trying to spark up a conversation. 

"I try," I smile softly up to him, trying to ignore his arm muscles that were out for everyone to see. I looked down at my shoes, placing both of my hands on the strap of my bag. I look up to find a giant hecking dragon. Where the hell did that come from? I take a step backwards in fear. 

"Hey, it's okay, I used to be afraid of dragons too, but, they're our friends. You have one too that you'll unlock as you grow stronger," Cole smiled. It wasn't the dragon that scared me- well a little. It was the fact that it appeared out of nowhere. Cole had his hand softly placed on the nose of the dragon. He looked at me and delicately took my hand, guiding it to the nose of the giant creature. He held my hand a few inches away and allowed the dragon to close the gap. I gasped as I felt the nose of the dragon in my hand. 

"I feel like Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon," I whispered, amazed by the majestic animal. Cole chuckled softly at my one liner. The dragon continued to nuzzle its nose into my hand before pulling away and walking over to me. Cole watched intently, a look of confusion and curiosity on his face. The dragon walked behind me, rubbing its head against mine, pushing me forward slightly. I giggled, reaching up behind me and petting it as it continued to push me forward until I fell into Cole's chest. "Oof," I grabbed onto Cole's arms and his hands held onto my waist to steady me. He looked just as shocked as I was as our faces went red. The dragon fucking ships us- what the fuck is this? 

"He's never done that before," Cole explained softly, looking down at me. There was about a six inch height difference. Damn, I feel short.  I pulled away from him and looked at my shoes. 

"We should probably head out," I offered quietly, feeling my cheeks heat up even more for some reason. Cole coughed before nodding. 

"Yeah," he agreed before walking over to his dragon. "Our mode of transportation, your highness," Cole smirked and if at all possible, I felt my cheeks heat up even more. I only nodded, only because I was too nervous to actually speak. Don't question it. He helped me up to the saddle on the dragon's back before climbing on himself. I wrapped my arms around his waist tightly as the dragon took off. I hid my face in Cole's back, holding on even tighter in fear.