Chapter 5

It's been a solid week since I kissed Cole, who still hasn't said what he wanted me to do yet regarding our bet. Nothing really changed since then. We still spared together, talked a lot, he also helped me with the course, but that was when we were with the other ninja. When we were left alone, it was awkward. I felt a sense of longing when we were together. If that makes sense. Of course it doesn't make sense. You're just weird. He probably hates you now! Wow, I'm so mean to myself. I sighed as I began to get ready for the day. Lucas, Liam, Elijah and I have to meet at the gig venue at noon and the gig starts at five. Apparently there's going to be a few bands performing after us, too. 

The sun was rising as I started changing into my workout clothes, meaning it was around five in the morning so I have seven hours before I have to leave. Simple mental math. I put on my tank top, sweat pants and gym shoes before heading to the deck to meet up with the other ninja. 

Waking up in the mornings became easier as I got used to it. It's like it's normal now, which is a good thing. I'm not complaining. I walked onto the deck to see it was empty. Hmm, I'm the first one here? I sighed as I leaned on the railing by the edge of the deck, looking out over the waking city, my (H/L) hair swaying softly in the breeze. Looking over the city, I noticed how peaceful it was now versus how noisy it will be at around noon. After a few minutes, I heard a set of footsteps walking up behind me. 

"You're up rather early," I heard Wu's voice from behind me. I shrug softly, turning around to face him. 

"I guess it's what I'm used to at this point," I replied, letting out a small chuckle. 

"I have been watching you train," Wu walked up the the railing of the deck. Well, that doesn't sound creepy at all. "You have been improving fast with your martial arts," he complimented and I smirked. "However, you are having trouble harnessing your elemental power," Wu looked at me. "You have used your powers before, but just accidentally. Something is holding you back." My smirk was wiped clean off my face and was replaced with a frown. I sighed. 

"How do I get to where I can use my power?" My voice was soft when I asked him. I turned my gaze to look down over the city again. 

"Find out what is holding you back. You will figure it out from there," Wu answered my question which didn't exactly answer it. 

"Find out what's holding me back? How wi-" I turned around only to find that he left, probably to wake the others. I sighed and turned back around to look at the city, leaning on the railing with my forearms. My hands were hanging off of the wooden railing. I don't know what's holding me back. Heck, I'm like mentally five. You wouldn't put all this pressure on a five year old would you? Curse actually being 17 and having responsibilities. While I was having a miniature rant in my head, I didn't hear someone else coming up behind me until I heard a cough. I was brought back to reality and looked up at the person that coughed. 

"Oh, hey, Lloyd" I greeted with a small smile as my previous thoughts faded from mind. 

"Hey," he sent a smile in return. "You looked like you were having an internal meltdown, is everything alright?" The blond asked, his green eyes holding concern in them. I sighed and looked back over the city. 

"Sensei Wu just came by earlier to compliment my martial arts but to not really compliment my powers," I replied, opening up my hands and looking down at them. 

"What do you mean?" He asked, leaning against the railing with his forearms. I ran a hand through my hair before beginning again. 

"Apparently I have to 'Find out what's holding me back' and 'I'll figure it out from there,'" I answered, making air quotes around the parts of which Wu told me to do. I sighed again.