Chapter 8

It was night and the stars were shining through the darkness, making a bold appearance. The wind blew softly, creating a cooler atmosphere, creating perfect cuddle weather. Cole and I were sitting on the deck of the bounty before we were to head out to my apartment again. I was laying on my back looking straight up at the bright lights in the sky while Cole stood sitting.

"They're so pretty tonight," I commented quietly, pointing up at the sky. My other hand was under my head acting as a cushion. Better than the planks. Cole's gaze followed my gesture, basking in the bright and beautiful stars. I brought my hand back down to put under my head again.

"You know who else is pretty?" He asked just as quiet, turning his head slightly to look at me. His tanned skin glistened under the light of the moon.

"Who?" I asked, keeping a quiet voice as I slowly propped myself up on my elbows. His eyes held mischief and amusement. He bent over, putting his head next to mine, his mouth near my ear. I felt his breath on the side of my cheek and ear. I shivered slightly in anticipation as he put his hands on the planks on either side of my body to keep himself propped up.

This is gonna be like the meme.

Cole waited a few seconds that seemed to last an eternity before he replied to my question. "Cake."

Called it.

I sighed loudly as I laid back down. I crossed my arms over my eyes as Cole began laughing loudly.

"That's it. I regret meeting you." I began doing gestures with my hands with my arms still crossed. "I regret knowing you. I regret-" I was cut off when a pair of lips hit my lips. I let out a small gasp as I tensed up. Just as Cole moved pulled away, I moved my arms from my face.

"You're really red," Cole mused. I frowned as I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling his face down until it was a mere centimeters away from mine. His face turned a shade of pink from my gesture.

"I could say the same to you," I smirked before closing up the last bit of space between our lips. I felt Cole adjust so he was laying over me instead of doing a weird sitting turn thing and we stayed like that. Connected. My hands began to make their way to his hair, playing with his thick locks. Slowly, I felt his hands cup my cheeks, creating a deeper and more meaningful kiss. We would've gone on for what felt like forever if it wasn't for Kai creeping up on us and ruining the moment.

"Woah, lovebirds!" He shouted, causing Cole to tense up and jump away. I quickly sat up and covered my face the sleeves of Cole's hoodie that I was still wearing. "Get a room," he smirked as he leaned against the railing of the bounty.

"Come on (Y/N), let's get you home," Cole stated coldly, standing up from his spot on the deck a few feet away from me. He was embarrassed, I could tell. I was too.

"Alright," I replied quietly, slowly standing up. I made my way over to Cole who already had his dragon appeared. He was fast when he wanted to be and this is one of those times. I glanced over to Kai who had an expression full of regret plastered all over his face. Cole helped me onto his dragon and just before we flew away, I turned and gave Kai a small wave. He returned it with a small smile.

He felt bad.

I let out a small squeak of surprise as the dragon took off, quickly grabbing a hold of the back of Cole's shirt. I heard him chuckle softly as I fell into his back.

"You okay back there?" He asked, turning his head to the side to be able to look at me. I looked up at him and at his glistening skin and shiny black hair.

"I just wasn't prepared, that's all," I sighed out, maneuvering myself to wrap my arms around his waist. It's been a long day and I'm ready to go to sleep. And sleep, I got as I slowly drifted off, snuggling into Cole's back.