Chapter 15

After the mission, we made our way back to Steep Wisdom. The ninja and I were working on booby trapping the area to make it a no ghost zone. Zane walked up to the front gate and hung a sign from it. 

"There. This should keep customers away. 'Closed for renovations,'" he read from the sign, turning back to the rest of us as we worked. I sat by a hose, filling up water balloons and moving them through the air to the pile using my powers. 

"More like fortifications," Kai countered, putting a bucket up by the door, angling it so that when people walk through it, the water will land on them. 

"Kai, I don't think that's the best idea..." I voiced my opinion, especially since we have a ghost as our ally. One wrong move and he'll disappear. 

But it's not like I'm worried about him. He's been a jerk lately, so why should I be caught up on him?

"If Morro and his ghouls show up here looking to steal the Sword of Sanctuary, they won't know what hit them," Kai explained, walking away from the accident waiting to happen. Just as he finished, the door began to swing open and the bucket began to fall. I quickly sent a gust of wind to hit the bucket. It flew halfway across the courtyard and caused everyone to flinch and turn to the door.

"Thanks, (Y/N)," Cole muttered as he appeared in the doorway. I nodded before getting straight back to work. "You know, not all of us are immune to water!" He shouted at Cole, hiding behind the other closed door. "I for one would like to stick around long enough for Misako and Sensei to figure out the last clue," the earth ninja finished, jumping over a small bit of water to enter the courtyard.

"We got Cyclondo, we got the sword, now they just have to figure out where the tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master is," Jay spoke up, putting down bamboo sticks to cover a small stream of water. 

"Let's hope they figure it out soon. I don't know how long we'll be able to hold out," Kai sighed with a frown. We were all missing Lloyd. We could all feel each others anxiety and hope to get him back. Our strength and will to get back the Green Ninja were wearing thin, but not enough to make us quit. 

"We'll get him back guys," I spoke up with a small yet encouraging smile. The boys turned to me and gave a smile of their own in return. "He's strong, he'll hold up." Kai was about to speak up until we heard a bell ring from inside the shop. 

"The  early-detection warning system!" I gasped, shocked that it actually worked. 

"Intruder!" Kai shouted, as we all faced the front gate. Our once depressing conversation was all but forgotten about as we began to get ready for any attack coming our way. 

"Let them have it! Pull!" Jay called to Zane, Cole and Kai as they were all manning the catapults. The boys released the water balloons into the air just as I saw the postman appear. I gasped and sent a gust of air to knock the balloons out of the way. The boys and I quickly scrambled to get our hoods on before he could really recognize us. 

"No wonder you're going out of business," the old man grumbled out, obviously upset. He didn't realize we that we didn't have our hoods down just earlier. Thank the FSM. We met in the middle and he handed a letter to Kai, who immediately began to read it. 

"No, you're the one going out of business!" Jay countered, an angry expression on his face. However, he finished off weakly. It was a weak comeback, but he tried. "Who sends letters anymore?" He asked, still upset. 

"A lot of people do, Jay," I responded, and pointed to the letter Kai was holding. 

"Yeah but-" Jay was cut off as Kai began to speak. 

"Guys, he's right. They'll shut us down unless we drum up some business," the fire ninja read aloud, causing the rest of us to frown. There goes our non mobile base.