chapter 38

*not edited *

Anjali pov :-

To save me from this embarrassing moment,  Lakshmi akka knocked the door saying that she brought our dinner.  I'm famishing ,but being slept in the same position my body is sore everywhere. I wanted some fresh air.

"Lakshmi akka arrange our dinner on terrace". I told her, she responded and left. I got up from the couch so did arjun.  We both made our way towards terrace. Arjun held my hand in his. 

" so where have you been the whole day ".

I questioned arjun breaking silence between us.

"some business stuff , ". He said unclearly indicating that he doesn't want to talk about that so I didn't questioned any further.

We reached terrace,  Lakshmi akka had arranged our dinner on the table.
The terrace had porch swing for two people. I took my plate and sat on the porch even arjun took his plate and took seat beside me and started eating.  I stared at him because it's odd that he didn't said anything like
" I'll feed you" Or " you should eat more"he just started eating. 

Then I thought,  he didn't had his breakfast here may be ,just like me even he didn't ate anything .
He always place his work before everything.  He cares about his men and being a mafia Don is not an easy thing.  Thinking back , I was worried about my future with him but now I'm not.  The man who cares about the people who work for him, wouldn't he safeguard his wife and children.  He loves me so much, I can feel it and realise isn't this what every girl dream of, A  man who loves her and cherish her, spoil her, and treat her has most valuable treasure of his life . I got that man without struggling,  the inner battle which I have been fighting with, now seems to be so foolish of me.

" angel , I know you love to stare at my handsome face but you should finish your dinner first, later you can stare at me as much as you want "

arjun voice interrupted my thought, and i realized I have been cought staring at him.  His lips had a playful smile.

My cheeks turned crimson red and lowered my gaze  to avoid his teasing look.  When I looked down I saw his hands empty and his Plate was placed on the table.

" you finished your dinner ?". I  asked him with some what amused expression.

"yeah, and I see it you have not even touched your plate. Do You want me to feed you ? " he asked with teasing smile.  I nodded unconsciously. Arjun was taken back for a moment from my response but composed soon and took my plate from me.

He started feeding me, staring at intensely at me.

"can I ask you something? ". I questioned him gulping down food . He nodded placing another spoon full of rice.

"what's your age? ".  I asked him wanting to know more about him .

" what? ".. He seems to not understand my question.

"your age,  what's your age? ". I repeated my question

"you don't know my age? "

Of course I don't know, or else why would I ask you... Humph..

"I mean, you know my birthday so I thought you know my age, anyway  my age is 28 ".. He answered still feeding me .

" lie"  I said subconsciously .

" angel why would I lie to you about my age " what he said made sense

"but you look older than that" I refuted .

"I'm not old, I'm just mature " he said in deep voice, I couldn't help but gulp my saliva.

"okay. What is your educational qualification? "