Chapter II

"With the city still mourning the loss of our beloved superhero, Angel Lux, the people of Hillcrest are left without a powerful protector. It has been 12 days since Angel Lux was killed in action by Dr. Daniel Stone, a surgeon who was performing illegal drug trials on several of his patients. Following the tragic incident, HPD officers located Dr. Stone in an abandoned construction site, where he was shot and killed.

Angel Lux was a guardian angel for the residents of Hillcrest for over 20 years. The city is hosting an event to celebrate her life and her great sacrifice. The event will be held downtown, tonight from 5pm-11pm. Come and celebrate Angel Lux tonight!"

"In other news, stepsisters, Nicole Martin and Sasha Parks are still missing. It has been a week since their parents reported......."

The tv starts to fade as I put on my outfit for tonight. Since we don't work or have classes on the weekend, my sisters and I decided to go have a late dinner and then go to a nearby club. So, that's exactly what we plan to do.

I've always seen the news stories about Angel Lux, but I was never really interested. No shocker there. Her powers were tremendous. She could control all elements: earth, fire, water, and air. She had superhuman strength and could fly. She was a bad bitch. No one has ever even seen what she looks like. Every picture of her that's shown on tv or in newspapers, are always drawings. She dresses in all white and has angel wings. This is just the image people came up with though. Some of the people that she's actually rescued say she's an actual angel. Whenever she comes to save someone, all anyone ever sees is just a bright light moving around. Fascinating.

Everyone thought more details on her would come out after she died, but no one has issued a statement yet. We might not ever know if she was human or not. You know how the government is. They keep everything a secret, even when it doesn't need to be.

I should be more interested in a woman who was too powerful to even be living on earth.

Mila probably already knows about the ceremony downtown for her and might try to talk us into going. Mila was a huge fan as a kid, and when the news story broke about her death, she was visibly shaken up by it. If she doesn't know about what's going on downtown, she'll find out sooner or later. She always does.

I'm finishing getting dressed in the bathroom. I don't bother to put on makeup because it'll take up time and I'm starving. I have on a black romper, and vans. I have my hair up and into two puff balls. I examine myself in the mirror. I have dark brown eyes, and full lips, just like my mom. My skin and my sisters skin are the same shade as well. I'm 5'4" which annoys me because my sisters are taller, not by much but still.

I walk into the living room to see that Bree and Mila are ready. I scan their outfits to see that Bree is wearing a black bandeau top with baggy pants and some vans. You would think the athletic sister would be the tomboy, but no ma'am. That's all Bree. Her big fro, almost covers one side of her face. The darkness of her hair compliments her brown skin, with freckles under both her eyes.

I then look at Mila who has on a matching blue two-piece outfit. You can see her toned stomach. She's wearing black vans, of course. Her hair is pulled back. She has a black fluffy puff ball sitting on the top of her head. It shows off her face. You can see every feature. Her light brown eyes are the most prominent feature.

I'm not conceited, but our parents blessed us. We're easily recognizable. We're popular, but not because of how we act, but because of how we look. And now because of the fact that our father died. Three black sisters, with big hair. That's us.

"Everybody ready?" I ask, but I don't wait for them to answer.

I just walk out the door.

"Wait!" Mila yells.