Summer~

A/N: This is what I'm rewriting now. Year 6. But I decided to write about how Sarahi's summer before year 6 went. It might explain some of the story in the future. It's something of a prologue.
I hope you like it!
PS. I have added many of my own characters. The background of my characters has been given in the first part. Check it out!
........................................................

Papa greeted me with eyes full of worry, as I disembarked the Hogwarts Express. I made sure to give at least Barnaby, of all people, a smile and a goodbye before I went off to see my father. Despite the reputation of his parents, my father was quite rational about my "friendship" with Barnaby, and so he did not give any comment about it. He simply patted my head lovingly and took my bag like he always did, and we made our way towards a bus stop. We had always preferred the Muggle way of transportation. But nothing felt the same to me anymore.

Apparently Papa had heard about what had happened with Rakepick and the dragon. He didn't say much on the way home, only had his arm around me to comfort me. It was nice. But I was afraid it wouldn't be as good at home. After all, Mamma was still there.

I entered the house slowly. I really didn't want to be here, but it was my home, whether I liked it or not. But I was shocked by what was waiting for me inside.

Ma wasn't there just waiting to give me a lecture about "not being perfect" and "acting like Jacob". She was sitting quietly on the couch, as if waiting for me, and as soon as she saw me, she ran towards me to give me a hug.

This was the first time she had hugged me in five years. Apparently she had heard of what happened with Rakepick too. I was overwhelmed with joy by the fact that my dear mother was showing me affection again, and I hugged her back, and burst into sobs there and then.

My mum launched into a string of reassurances and apologies. APOLOGIES?! I had never, in my life, felt so comforted by my mother. She mumbled about how she wished she was a better mother so that I never would have had to depend on Rakepick. I almost wished I could have told her about how I found Jacob... but I decided to respect my brother's wish and said nothing.

Anna and Miyako came to visit a while later, and as I launched into a rant about what had happened, they made sure to stay with me the entire day and helping me feel better. Anna even got a pint of chocolate ice cream from the nearby parlor. Not like I ate all of it; I didn't really have much of an appetite. Not while I could still hear Merula's screams in the back of my mind, mixing with my own.

I told them about how I found Jacob too, when my parents couldn't hear us anymore, and I asked them to keep the information among us. But Miyako was livid. She started cussing at Jacob. A lot. Anna had to shut her up. It was rather amusing to be honest.

But they had both noticed that I had cut myself again. They had brought me aside before leaving to talk to me about it, but I told them that I didn't want to think about how I hurt myself again. They agreed not to bring it up again, but I could see they were worried about me. They had tried to distract me by asking me about what I would like to sing at the music festival this year. But they got even more worried when I told them that I didn't feel up to singing on stage this year. With my love for song, I think this really took the cake.

But I just didn't want to sing. Not this year.

Nevertheless, my first night home was the most comforting night I had felt in a long time. Unfortunately, things went downhill quickly.

I was still really angry as the memories of Rakepick's betrayal were still fresh in my mind. It didn't seem like I'd get over it anytime soon. I knew my parents were trying to help, but yet I snapped at them often. Papa was patient about it, and every time I said something wrong, I'd always apologize later.