Chapter 8: The Niffler's message

A/N: I... don't even have an excuse for why I'm updating this so late. I'm lazy. That's just all there is to it. Year 6 is nearing it's end in the game, so I have to dish out chapters like the flash at this point.

I cannot believe I'm updating this after a full year. That's just ridiculous. I am SO sorry. I'm hoping most of you didn't YEET it out of your Libraries?

Enjoy the update that has finally come! This may also help with a recap of Year 6 for those of us who've caught up.
……………………………………………………

Penny called me into the courtyard, not long after Merula and I came back from Knockturn Alley. She wanted me to meet someone apparently. But at that point, I didn't really care. I was still a tad upset that Jacob left me behind. Who knows when I'll see him again? And will he even keep his promise?

When I began this mess with the Cursed Vaults, I just wanted my brother back. Cabals and backstabbing mentors is not what I signed up for.

"Sarahi! There you are! I can't wait for you to meet- wait. What's wrong? You look upset?"

Oh. I suppose I still looked pretty bummed when I got to the courtyard.

I sighed. "When I was searching for my brother, he Apparated into Knockturn Alley."

"You saw your brother again? I'm so glad!" Penny replied, giving me a small smile, but it didn't last long. "Though… I take it that it wasn't the proper reunion you wanted."

"No. He only came to warn me and Merula about some assassin that might be after us."

Penny had to do a double take. "An… an ASSASSIN!? What- I mean- who!? Why!?"

"I had the same reaction. But Jacob left without giving me any answers. I mean, I understand. He wants to keep me safe. But when will he realize that I'm not a helpless six year old anymore? I wish he'd stop keeping secrets and let me help him. We could stop Rakepick and her Cabal and break this Statue curse faster if we work together."

"I'm so sorry, Sarahi…" Penny mumbled.

"Whatever. Don't apologise. At the very least, he promised to show up on my birthday."

"Really!? That's so nice of him. Whenever you tell us stories about your birthdays and the presents he gave you before Hogwarts, it always warmed my heart!"

"Bold of you to assume I care about the presents." I said with a smile. "I just hope he keeps his promise."

"I'm sure he will, Sarahi!"

I shook off my concern. "Okay… now who's this person you want me to meet so badly?"

Penny's expression quickly changed to one of excitement. "Come come! See for yourself!"

Saying so, Penny grabbed my arm and pulled me into the crowd behind us.

Shoving through the small crowd, I could finally see who the center of attention was.

It was just a little boy. A first year, I think. And he looked familiar. But the amount of attention a little boy was getting was kind of strange. If people crowded around me when I was 11, I would have freaked out.

"Sarahi, this is Cedric Diggory." Penny said, getting Cedric's attention.

Cedric gave me a shy smile and came over to us. "Nice to meet you, Sarahi. I've heard a lot about you." He said, and extended his hand.

As with all children, I fell in love immediately. It reminded me of when I met Beatrice at the start of my fifth year. Good times…

"All fairly okay thinks, I hope?" I asked, shaking his hand.