Chapter 6: Why are first-years always missing?

A/N: Dishing out another one! This again took me much longer than it should have. Enjoy!
……………………………………………………

I walked into the Defence against the Dark Arts classroom where Charlie had told me Bill would show up, and sure enough, he was there, surrounded by all of our friends. I even brought Nora along with me, as she expressed the desire to meet Bill Weasley as well.

It was honestly a breath of fresh air to see Bill at Hogwarts. He was my honorary big brother after all. He said it himself before he left.

"Sarahi! It's good to see you again." Bill said, smiling brightly at me as I approached.

"Good to see you too, Bill!" I said, pulling him into a hug. "We haven't talked since Moody disapparated me out of your graduation party."

"About that…"

"Don't bother asking, Bill." Charlie interrupted. "Mad-Eye swore Sarahi to secrecy."

"Oh. That's alright. I've missed you, Sarahi, secrets and all. What about me? Have you missed me since I've been gone?"

"Of course I've missed you, Bill! We all have."

"Yes, it's been hard without you here. Especially with the Statue curse and all." Charlie said.

"Statue curse?" Bill asked, looking confused.

"You didn't hear? A student was found petrified in the courtyard." I answered. "Snape thinks it's the work of the last Cursed Vault."

"The whole school has been in panic ever since." Charlie continued.

"Trelawney also gave me an ominous prophecy that may be related. I couldn't decipher it, but I was able to convince the Centaurs to help me. A Centaur named Firenze agreed to try and make sense of the prophecy. With any luck, it will help me keep my promise to you to break the final Curse and kick Rakepick's arse."

"Obviously I've missed a lot since I've been gone. But I'm here now, though you don't seem very surprised, Sarahi."

"Charlie may have told me earlier today that you were coming for a visit…"

"Charlie! This was supposed to be a surprise!"

"Consider it payback for spoiling your own surprise party." Charlie laughed.

"Hello? I'm still here." Nora said impatiently, raising her hand. "Aren't you going to introduce me, Sarahi?"

"Oh right. Bill, this is Nora Magnus. First-year Gryffindor. Nora, this is Bill Weasley. Graduated Gryffindor and Curse breaker for Gringotts Wizarding Bank."

"Nice to meet you, Nora." Bill said, shaking her hand. "I remember you, you're that bouncy little sister of Sarahi's friend, right?"

"That's me! The only witch in the family." Nora said proudly. "Quick question, why does a bank need a Curse breaker?"

"She's got a point." I said, raising an eyebrow. "Why does Gringotts need a Curse breaker?"

"To break curses, of course!" Bill answered. "There are many curses plaguing the Wizarding world that need to be broken."

"You mean the ones at Hogwarts aren't the only ones?"

"No. There are Curses on old structures, other Wizarding schools, and the like. Gringotts sends Curse breakers to these places when the curses seem to be getting out of hand."

"THERE ARE OTHER WIZARDING SCHOOLS!?" Nora asked loudly.

"I didn't tell you?" I asked her.

"No you didn't! I thought Hogwarts was the only one! What other Wizarding schools are there!?"