Chapter 9: Owl. Hoot hoot.

A/N: I literally wrote two chapters in a row. I'm using my YouTube videos as placeholders until I can figure out for screenshots for the cover.
No long stupid Author's Note. Just enjoy!
……………………………………………………

I left for the Owlery first thing right after getting done with my classes. I'd checked there earlier in the morning too, but I couldn't find anything worthwhile. What's the harm in checking again?

I walked down the stairs of the Owlery, and while going down, I counted five silver or white owls. How was I going to find the white owl that belongs to whoever left the threat in the white quill?

"Also what smells so terrible in here!?" I asked myself.

"Owl droppings and regurgitation, as well as wet straw." Came an answer.

I turned around and noticed Talbott standing behind me. "You'll get used to it eventually." He added.

"Oh hello Talbott!" I said, smiling at him. "I wondered if I'd run into you here."

"So you remembered that I spend a lot of time in the Owlery to get away from people and stretch my wings."

"Of course I remember, we are friends after all."

"You say that but, you probably think it's odd that I like to spend the time up here."

"Not at all! I understand why you like to hang out here. It seems like a great place to think and get away from it all."

"That's surprising… most people can't look past the mice and vole skeletons. Perhaps we're more alike than I thought."

We walked over to the lower window of the Owlery.

" I will admit that I've been spending more time here since the statue curse broke out." Talbott said. "It's gotten everyone in such a panic. Peace and quiet are hard to come by."

"You call all this peace and quiet? The owls are hooting pretty loud."

"So why are you in the Owlery right now? Are you still fetching gifts for those 'friends' you wanted to win over?"

"No, I am actually looking for a white owl. It's a long story."

I explained Sickleworth, his white quill, and the threat to Talbott, while looking around to see if the feather could match any of the owls. None of them looked similar enough though.

"I know it seems like a stretch, but I'm hoping that finding the owl might help me find who's responsible for the note."

"This death threat is making me seriously reconsider our friendship." Talbott said.

"Talbott… that's just mean." I grumbled.

"No no no it's just a statement!" He stammered. "You are still my friend. I'm just saying. Sarahi, I like you and all but I would like to have the place to myself again."

"Oh… that's fair."

"Actually now that you mention it, I did see a white owl flying a few hours ago. I can't remember where though."

"Well, it's not here. But it was nice to see you again, Talbott. I should leave you alone, and besidesI don't know how much longer I can tolerate this smell."

"Maybe you need some fresh air? Might I suggest the Forbidden- WAIT! The Forbidden Forest! How could I have forgotten?"

"You've lost me."

"That's where I saw the white owl! I saw one flying over the Forest Grove! Maybe that's the owl you're looking for?"

"Are you sure? Or is this just to get the Owlery to yourself again?"