Chapter 2

OMGASDFGHJKLLIOJI Tronnor will be the death of me, this is more in two days then we saw for Troye's entire LA trip! If you don't hear from me again it's because I died from tronnor feels.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

        "Sleep well?" Troye looked blearily up at him.

        Connor glanced at the untouched bed next to him. At some point they had decided to watch Shane’s new movie together, and managed to fall asleep sometime during it. Well, Troye had, and when Connor tried to move he had wrapped an arm around him and mumbled "stay." Connor doubted he remembered, and even if he did Troye would just do what he always did, what both of them did when it came to stuff like this, ignore it and never mention it again.            

            People had to know something was up. They didn’t post selfies or tweet at each other every time they hung out. They didn’t jokingly flirt and mention their ship name, even though they both knew what it was. They’d known each other over year, and spent months together without ever doing a collab. It was like they were hiding something, but Connor didn’t even know what it was. What he did know was that they stood closer to each other than was ever necessary, they touched when they didn’t need to, they laughed too hard at each other’s jokes, and San Francisco. San Francisco was always there in the back of his mind. They didn’t talk about it, shying away from the subject of the trip altogether but he knew Troye remembered that, at the very least.

            “I’m gonna take a walk. I saw this cute coffee house like half a mile away.” Connor needed to clear his head.

            “Alright, but don’t eat anything I know this great breakfast place on Bondi. It has a great view of the ocean.”

            A romantic breakfast overlooking the ocean? Maybe he was starting to overthink things.

“Nooo hahaha”

Tyler made a horribly exaggerated facial expression as he looked at the upturned trashcan he’d just knocked over. Connor could smell the sangria on his breath.

“I’m too drunk for this shit. Steele babe help me uppp.” They all laughed. Tyler had alternated between drunkly shuffling and shamelessly hitting on Troye’s brother all night. They were almost in front of the hotel.

“Guys, I don’t think he’s gonna make it up any stairs.” Steele shook his head in a mix of astonishment and admiration. “Why don’t I just put him in my room downstairs and you two can stay in the other one.”

“Latte, please.” the creamy drink felt like a Godsend.

Connor downed it in seconds and ordered another one. He was a huge caffeine addict and needed his fix. He hadn’t realized how early it was until he glanced out the window and saw the sunrise, a pale yellow orb against a bright blue sky. Blue like Troye’s eyes, bright and brilliant. Troye. He shouldn’t stay too long, Troye had seemed excited to show Connor this breakfast place.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Had he meant it this way? Had Troye really taken him to him to this restaurant with mood lighting and cozy brick walls overlooking the sea? Had he really ordered for him without even looking at the menu because he knew Connor “would love it.”?

Troye had seemed happy to go here, at least. He was enthusiastic and hyper as they walked down the streets of Sydney, stopping a few times to get pictures with fans or let Troye freak out at the posters of himself. Connor had even met Troye’s family, although they had to run. They seemed to like him instantly and told him they were looking forward to getting to know him later. Connor hadn’t even been aware that they were all meeting. What did that mean? Troye was a good actor, but what part was he even playing anymore?

“So what has been going on with you Con?” he looked truly concerned “I know it sounds cheesy but I want you to know that you really can tell me anything. I just want you to be honest with me.”

Connor laughed at this, the noise coming out bitter and distorted. Troye flinched, looking hurt. It didn’t even really make sense why. They were close friends. They didn’t hide things from each other. They were candid usually to a fault. But how could Troye curl up with him at night, then take him on a breakfast date the next morning, and act like it was just normal, platonic friend behavior?

You really want honesty? Connor thought, Deal.

“Troye, I’m not straight. I’m not gay. I don’t really know what I am, but it’s not straight. I’ve been taking some time to come to terms with that and deal with it. Okay?” it was a question but Connor phrased it more like a challenge.

“Connor” he hated it when Troye said his full name “that’s fantastic. I’m really happy for you. Is that all that’s going on? Are you mad at me?

And there he went with the puppy dog eyes. Connor was surprised to find he wasn’t actually melting.

“I’m sorry, I guess I just didn’t know how you would react. I’ve been worried about telling people.”

At this, Troye immediately brightened. “Well of course I’ll support you Con! Everyone will I’m sure. We all love you.”

Do you?