Chapter 13

Connor thought it was sweet of Troye to want to include his fans on his album. It was one of those things Youtubers did that was special, at least in his opinion. They knew what it was like to be young “internet people” involved in a fandom, especially when the people you looked up to were often referred to as an example of why their generation was full of idiots. They appreciated their fans not just because they supported them, but also because they knew what it was like to be them, and why their support was so meaningful. Sure, they could really scream, but so could Connor at a Broods concert. He was just amazed that he could garner that kind of reaction in the first place.

            Troye definitely could. He was bashful in the spotlight, but Connor knew they were just a year or two away from him taking off in a big way. He watched him perform, in a baggy shirt with unstyled hair, an indie pop prince. They were both so far from where they started.

            “Hey,” Korey tapped him on the shoulder, smiling slightly at the view of Troye onstage. “He’s really good, isn’t he?”

            “Yeah.” Connor responded in a distracted way, his eyes still on Troye.

            Korey was silent for a minute, watching. “It’s kinda crazy, how everything’s happened. I’m really proud of you guys. Both of you.”

            Connor was confused, “For what?”

            “You’ve got a lot to be proud of, Con. You forget it a lot.” He just smiled at him, and left as Troye finished and walked offstage.

            “Was it okay?” Troye was wide-eyed and shaking a bit, but there was a huge smile on his face.

Connor couldn’t help but grin, “You’re amazing.”

            Troye blushed, “Stop it.”

            “Do you wanna leave soon and go to that Out 100 thing?” Connor asked.

            “Oh I can just go with Korey and Tyler. Don’t you want to see Ricky and Trevor?”

            Connor was already grabbing his stuff.

            “They’ll understand.”

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

            They spent a few hours laughing with their friends and posing for pictures at the event. There was even a photo booth type of thing that mashed together four pictures of you. Troye looked adorable in his set with Tyler, but it took a few tries to get a good, platonic-looking set with Connor. Every time they caught each other’s eye, they would get that sort of intense, happy look that gave everything away. Eventually they just decided not to look at each other in the photos.

            The hardest part was probably fan-sightings, though. It was becoming harder and harder to brush off the fact that always seemed to be together. Connor didn’t have much of a reason, other than Troye, to leave the Playlist Kick-off early, and Troye couldn’t be found anywhere but glued to Connor’s side, with his entire family in tow. Connor actually seemed kind of nervous about it. He wanted to be with Troye, but he didn’t really want to out himself in the process.

            Troye decided he should make it up to him.

            “Can I get it like fifteen minutes? We have to leave pretty soon actually and I don’t want to be late.”

            “No problem!” said an inhumanely cheery voice over the phone.

            “Also, can you add in one of those granola parfaits? With the berries? He really likes those, but be quiet when you bring it up. I want to surprise him.”

            “Alright, Mr. Sivan. We’ll have that up to you in just a minute! Thank you for calling!”

            Troye hung up the phone carefully, so as not to disturb Connor, who was already awake, but didn’t want to show it and disappoint Troye.

            breakfast in bed

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

sooooo. . . . its kind of hard to write about playlist when im not actually at playlist.