Chapter 9

“Get uppp”, Connor groaned and pulled at Troye’s wrist, too tired himself to actually try and pull him out.

            Troye grunted but didn’t move.

            “You *grunt* have an *grunt*interview Sivan.”

            “Con, I’m tirrrreddd.” Troye groaned and flipped over.

            “Fine. If you won’t get up then I guess it’s settled, but I’m already awake so I might as well entertain myself. Did you know Laurelle, because she’s so sweet, gave me a few photos of the Mellets as babies? I think the one of you naked in the bathtub is going to look Frantastic as fuck on my Twitter feed.”

            Troye was out of the bed in three seconds.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

            “I don’t know. . .” Troye was blushing. The host had just asked him if he was in a relationship, and while he knew the answer wasn’t ‘no’ he wasn’t sure if it was ‘yes’.

            Troye managed to change the subject, but he was sure it was obvious to everyone listening that something was up. He quickly realized that it was going to be hard to hide his relationship with Connor. The interviewer insisted Troye name the people he brought with him: his mom, publicists and agents, and. . . . . Connor. Which wasn’t weird, right? He was sweet though, not wanting to steal the spotlight from Troye even though he could’ve acceptably taken the time for a little self-promo.  Troye tried not to stare too hard at Connor during the podcast, but it was hard. A few times they caught each other’s eye and gave quick, embarrassed smiles.

            It kept happening all day, much to their mutual chagrin. Troye knew his mom knew it (although she seemed content to wait for Troye to bring it up himself) but Caspar has arrived to do interviews with him, and Connor sat through every single one, always complimenting them both at the end, refusing to take a break if they couldn’t. Caspar was amazingly nice, but he wasn’t one to just let things go without mention.

            “Connor, your such a supportive boyfriend! I’ll fight you for him though.” Caspar giggled.

            Troye and Connor nervously tried to laugh it off, but Caspar wouldn’t let them off that easily.

            He turned to Troye after their second interview, when it had become obvious that Connor’s small talk with Laurelle was for a reason.

            “So should I be angry at you for cheating on me?” He raised his eyebrows, expecting an answer.

            “Cas, it’s kind of complicated, could you just not mention it?” Troye turned on the puppy dog face. “Please?”

            “Only for you, babe.” Caspar grinned and they both stood up to leave.

            But he continued to drop subtle hints during that day. Little winks or nudges, asking Connor if it was okay for him to kiss Troye on the cheek. They both tried to brush it off, but Troye was worried that Connor would feel ambushed, like Troye was trying to push him out of the closet.

            “Con?” Troye hesitantly looked over at him, they were in the back seat of a cab, just like when Connor was leaving Australia. The taxi driver had glared at them when held hands and gave each other small, infatuated kisses, but this one didn’t seem to mind their linked hands.

            “Yeah?” Connor yawned as he asked, they had gotten up pretty early.

            “I just wanted to say. . . .well address. . . .see Cas kind of . . . .I don’t want you to be uncomfortable because I. . . .”

            “Troye,” Connor said as he turned to give him a reassuring smile. “I’m pretty transparent, I get it. It’s fine that Caspar knows. I think your mom does too. I’m just not ready for the whole world to know about us. I’m not even out yet, officially, or even to all of our friends. And to have everyone watching us like that, analyzing it. . . . . I just don’t-“

            Troye cut him off with an impulsive kiss.

            “Sorry” he breathed. “I didn’t mean to interrupt you. I don’t want to push you to do anything you aren’t ready to do. I’m just happy you’re here.”

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I'd do anything for you. You know that? If you fell, I'd hold you. If you were afraid, I'd wrap my arms around you and take away your fears. I'd die to keep you safe but more than anything I'd do whatever it takes to keep you by my side. For you I'd conquer anything, everything, anytime.