primis!dempsey x reader

requested by IHaveTooManyIssues (thank u for being my first request/er, love ur stories + art <3)
—————————

[takes place in der eisendrache aka one of my favorite maps]
       it had been a long time since you joined the four men, you were no longer alone and everyone had taken care of you. you've grown closer to dempsey, although he was a badass man he had a soft spot for you. the others have seen this and secretly teased dempsey about it. one day after killing multiple hoards of zombies at the castle, you and the gang decided to take a break and relax in samantha's room but richtofen had left to go pack-a-punch his kuda. you laid on samantha's bed and stared at the ceiling. takeo and nikolai were leaning against the wall talking about god knows what. dempsey sat on the chair near the desk. he was looking at you, he had feelings for you but didn't tell you so. while staring at the ceiling, you started thinking about your past, how you felt worthless, unlovable, and weak. you tried to brush those negative words away but they affected you and you were on the verge of tears, believing those words. before you could start crying, you got up and left outside leaving your gun on the bed. dempsey was the first to notice your action, he keeps a close eye on his (soon to be) girl.
"i'll go check up on her guys," dempsey told takeo and nikolai who looked concerned.
       dempsey followed your footsteps in the snow, you were sitting near the gondola. he heard your sobs and went to sit next to you. he pulled you into his arms, you held onto him like there was no tomorrow. your head was below his chin and he kissed your head.
      "tell me what's wrong sweetheart," he said.
      "i feel like i'm not useful enough, like i'm just slowing you guys down and i don't find enough materials we can use, i'm sorry," you replied. dempsey was upset to hear those words come out your mouth. he thought the opposite of what you said, you've been extremely helpful to them and you've helped them when they were in need of ammo or a laugh.
     "(y/n) don't be sorry. plus none of that is true, you're so helpful, strong and very caring. the guys would agree with me as well. ever since you joined us, you've brought some light into my life."
    "dempsey i-i, really?," you asked the marine.
    "well yeah, not to mention i think i've fallen for you (y/n). you're such a doll and truly amazing, i love having you by my side in this shithole," he said. you held his hand and looked into his eyes and kissed his soft lips. dempsey was surprised by your action but kissed you back. he was glad you felt better and that you had liked him as well. you both stayed close to each other, giving one another warmth in the cold weather. soon, you both walked back hand in hand towards the others, getting ready to fight the next hoard of freakbags.
——————————
      [i hope you liked it !! i'm not so good at writing but ya know, anyways see you in the next chapter :D
             - 🧹]