Chapter 16: A Difficult Question To Answer

It's been a week and a half since the couple got the new apartment and Korra hasn't seen Mako since they had that argument. Bolin has come over to the apartment a couple and found TV put in the living room. They hooked up the PS3 that they used to play on and hooked it up to the TV. It was like the old days when they would play nonstop and the fighter even managed to get Asami to play a few rounds with them.

The green eyed man made a few comment about always being together and calling them Velcro which the Alaskan denies. Bolin rolls his eyes a little and laughs at the huge blush on his friend's face. He's notices how much happier the darker woman has been since she got married to the heiress. The green eyed man likes seeing the smile on Korra's face whenever the paler woman is around.

Bolin might not say it but he considers her like his sister and wanted her to be happy. It is obvious that the raven haired woman is doing just that and more. The two friends were sitting on the floor playing a racing game on the PS3 when the fighter got up to go the bathroom to relieve herself. The green eyed man was playing by himself with Asami sitting on the couch, reading a book.

Bolin paused the game and turned to the fashion major. She looks up to see the younger man staring at her with a smile on his face.

"Something on your mind?" Asami asked raising an eyebrow.

"I've noticed how much happier Korra has been since you got married. I just wanted to say thank you" Bolin said smiling.

"Awww, it's my pleasure. I have to say that she makes me happy too" Asami said smiling back.

"I noticed that too. Can you do me a favor?" Bolin asked curious.

"What is it?"

"I want you to take good care of her. Korra is like a sister to me and she is very important to me"

"Of course Bolin, I will do my best" Asami said smiling.

"Thank you" Bolin said returning back to the game.

Asami was touched by what Bolin had said. It was obvious that he cares very much about Korra and only wants the best for her. The heiress had already promised herself and Korra's parents that she would take care of the fighter and plans on keeping that promise. It wasn't long before the Alaskan walked out of the bathroom and looked between the fashion major and Bolin.

She couldn't explain it but it feels like she just missed out on something just now. The darker woman shook her head before plopping down next to the green eyed man. This is first day that she has had a day off without having to train with Opal. She likes having with the younger woman but the green eyed trainer can be a total slave driver with the training. Korra is gonna have to go back to the gym because Opal wanted to tell her something important.

Hopefully it isn't extra training. I can barely walk straight now.

"Well guys it's getting late and I am sure that you're sick of me already" Bolin said setting down the game controller.

"We could never get sick of you, Bolin" Asami said putting her book down.

"If you say so but I should get going. I'll see you guys later" Bolin said getting up.

"Alright, see ya later Bo" Korra said walking him out.

The fighter closed the door behind before walking into the kitchen. She open the refrigerator to grab a bottle of water. The Alaskan walks into the living room and flopped down on the couch next to the heiress. There has been something that has been bothering her for awhile and it involves the raven haired woman next to her. The fashion major seemed to noticed that her wife's inner conflict and set her book down on the coffee table. The paler woman turned to the darker woman.

"Yuan for your thoughts" Asami said playing with Korra.

"Hm? It's nothing" Korra said shaking her head.

"You're not very good at lying. You know that, right?" Asami asked raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know how to ask this without you getting upset about it" Korra said looking up at Asami.

"I promise not to get upset so just me"

"Well I've met your Mom and she seems pretty cool. So how come I never met your Dad? I mean you met mine" Korra said waiting for Asami to blow up on.

Asami knew that Korra was gonna to ask her that eventually but was kinda hoping that she wouldn't. The fighter could see it the heiress was battling with herself whether to answer the question at all. The Alaskan didn't want make things difficult for the fashion major. She didn't have to answer the question if it was making her feel this conflicted. The darker woman grabbed the paler woman causing her jump a little.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I get it" Korra said smiling a little.

"No, you don't get it. Korra, my Father isn't the most understanding person in the world" Asami said sighing.

"What do you mean?" Korra asked confused.

"My Father found out that I was dating Mako and he didn't take it well. He was pressuring me to follow in his footstep by forcing me to marry someone that he approved. When I refuse, he got angry with me and disowned me. We haven't talked since" Asami said sighing.

"So if he found that you were married to a woman, your Dad would have cow"

"I don't care about what he thinks about you or our relationship. I know that he would probably say offensive to you and I would prefer to keep you by my side" Asami said snuggling up to Korra.

"He's still your Dad, Asami. I could care less what he thinks of me but you should at least talk to me" Korra said wrapping her arm around Asami.

"Korra, he's not going to change his mind. He's incredibly stubborn"

"Hehe sounds like someone else I know" Korra said laughing a little.

Asami rolled her eyes a little as she wraps her arms around her wife. She knows that her Father isn't going to change his mind even she does talk to him. If he can't accept who is in her life then he doesn't deserve to be in her life. Korra knows that the heiress misses her Dad even if she won't admit to it. The fighter wants to help the fashion major reconnect with her Dad.

The Alaskan knows that some hurt feelings and bruised pride are standing in the raven haired woman's way. If she's not going to do it then I have to do it myself. The darker woman picked up the paler woman bridal style and carried her into the bedroom. The older woman was more tired than usual because now she's taken on a part time job.

She's found a opening at a restaurant as a waitress. The job was okay and it pays well including tips but it could be very demanding. The only reason the taller woman was taking on this job was it was extra money in her pockets and she help the shorter woman paid rent on the apartment. The younger woman was okay with supporting the both of them but her wife can be really stubborn when she wants to be.

Korra tucked Asami in bed when she noticed her wife's phone on the nightstand. The fighter knew that the raven haired woman was out for the count. I know that I shouldn't be doing this but it's for her own good.The Alaskan looks through the fashion major's phone and clicked on Mom's contact. The darker woman quickly writes down the phone number and quickly hides in one of her sneakers. She climbs into bed next to the paler woman and wraps her arms around her.