Chapter 28: Skipping Ahead

Epilogue 6 years later

Korra finished off her last match of the night and defending her title for a whole bunch of newcomers. It's been 6 years the fighter got her start in the MMA circuit and climbed her way up to the top. It took a lot of hard work, dedication, blood, sweat and tears. A lot of sweat with how much she trained with Opal. The Alaskan's dream of becoming a MMA fighter has certainly reached new heights over the years and it only gotten better than she could ever imagine.

Korra didn't expect to be happily married to the most beautiful and intelligent woman in the world. The couple have been married for about 6 ½ years now and life together has only gotten better. Least that's what the fighter says to anyone who asks and every interview that she's had over the years. Who would have thought that I would be married to the one person that I hated with an extreme passion? If anyone had told me 7 years ago that I would be happily married to my ex's ex girlfriend then the old me would've told them that they were insane and to take a long walk off of a cliff.

Now I can't imagine my life without her in it and I don't want to spend it with anyone but Asami. The Alaskan misses her family and wants to be with them right now but a long train ride is standing in her way. The blue eyed woman sets her duffel bag in the holding cabinet before flopping down in her seat. Her body is aching in places that she didn't know that she had. It wont be long before reach home and collapse on the couch like a normal person.

I'll get to see everyone especially Asami and the kids. I wonder what they're up to right now... probably sleeping since it's half past midnight. Korra rests her chin on the top of her knuckles and stares out of the window as the train started slowly moving. The door of the cart opens catching the fighter's interest. It's her trainer Opal with her green backpack strapped to her back and her book glued to her right hand.

The green eyed trainer hasn't changed a bit since her Aunt made her the Alaskan's personal trainer after 2 years of being together. The blue eyes woman wouldn't want anyone else training but the shorter woman. The woman is still a slave driver even after 6 years. Some things never change. The taller woman watches as the paler woman sets her backpack in the holding cabinet before sitting down in front of her.

"Ready to go, coach?" Korra asked smirking.

"I am not even going to respond to that" Opal said through narrowed eyes.

"What did I say?" Korra asked snickering a little.

"I know what you're trying to do, Korra and it's not going to work. You may be the brawns but I am the brains of this operation" Opal said smirking.

"Cold. What happened to the sweet girl that I used to know?" Korra asked mock pouting.

"You have no one to blame for how I am now but yourself. I have been hanging out with you too much" Opal said shrugging.

"Riiight. It's my fault" Korra said rolling her eyes.

"You're right. It is your fault... least that's what Aunt Lin says" Opal said giggling.

"Wait what? When did she say that?" Korra asked frowning.

"Before we left the train station 2 weeks ago and everyday since we met"

"That's hurtful but what can I expect from Lin"

"What are you going to do when we get home?" Opal asked curious.

"Sleep since it's gonna like 4 in the morning by the time we get home. After a good night's sleep, spend as much time with my family as possible. What about you? Any plans?" Korra asked wiggling her eyebrows.