Chapter 19: He's Baaaack!

Korra walked into the gym to meet up with Opal because she had something to tell her. The fighter was wondering what it was since the green eyed trainer was pretty vague about what she needed to tell her. The Alaskan has been training with Opal for about 2 weeks now and her skills have improve a lot since she started. Korra was enjoying the work out even they are more intense than the one that Tarrlok put her through.

The fighter waved at Ming-Hua on her way inside the gym and quickly found Opal.

"Hey Opal, what up?" Korra asked smiling.

"Hey Korra, I have good news for you" Opal said grinning brightly.

"What is it?" Korra asked curious.

"I talked to my Aunt and she set up your first fight the day after tomorrow" Opal said squealing.

"What? No way! For real?" Korra asked unable to contain her excitement.

"Yeah, for real. Your first official MMA fight in two days"

"Oh my God Opal, you are the best trainer ever. I could kiss you right now if I didn't have a wife and if she wasn't gonna kill me if she found out" Korra said hugging Opal.

"That won't be necessary and I am interest in women anyways. No offence" Opal said hugging Korra back.

"No offence taken. So what's the game plan?" Korra asked curious.

"We are to train for the rest of the day then tomorrow, I want you to get plenty rest because after today you won't be able to move" Opal said determined.

"Let's do it" Korra said excitedly.

"Okay, I want 30 push ups without stopping follow up with 40 pull ups"

Korra got down on her hands and knees before pushing herself down to the ground. The fighter finished her push ups and sit ups like it was nothing. The green eyed trainer had her to laps around the gym until her trainee couldn't feel her legs anymore. The Alaskan practiced her combinations on one of the practice dummies. Opal kept the training with different exercises for the older woman to do.

The younger woman wanted to the darker woman to well in her upcoming fight. This is why the lighter woman was pushing her so hard. She believes that Korra can go far in the MMA world because she has the skills and the passion to go far like her Aunt did. Opal decided that it was time for a quick and the fighter was thankful any kind of break after the hell that she just went through.

The Alaskan collapsed on one of the benches with the green eyed trainer handing her a water bottle. The darker woman takes the water bottle and it opens before hastily downing the contents of it.

"Slow down Korra, I'm sure it's going anywhere soon" Opal said giggling.

"I'm thirsty, woman. I've never been worked this hard" Korra said setting the bottle down.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I'm pushing you so hard is because I want you to do well in fight" Opal said sheepishly.

"I get it and I appreciate it. I don't think you would be pushing me this hard if you didn't believe in me" Korra said smiling a little.

"Yeah so break is over. Lets get back to training" Opal said cheerily.

"You are a evil taskmaster with a cute face" Korra deadpanned.

"Yeah so I've heard you. Come on" Opal said folding her arms.

Korra pushed herself off the bench and follows her trainer to finish the rest of her training. It was grueling 3 hours before Opal let the fighter go home and she thankful to get out of there. The Alaskan was unbelievably sore and is ready to collapse in her bed. She walks to home since it was only a 15 minute walk away from the gym. It wasn't long before Korra reached her apartment complex and to the door of her apartment.