Chapter 23: Korra's First MMA Fight

Korra was sitting in the locker room to the Arena, wrapping up her wrists in bandages. She was excited and couldn't wait to in the ring to fight. This is the fighter's first official MMA fight fighting for Lin Beifong. This is what the Alaskan has been fighting for since she came from Alaska and this make or break for her. The door of the locker room opens to reveal a smiling Opal.

"Hey Korra, how are you feeling?" Opal asked curious.

"Unbelievably excited about today. This is gonna be my first fight as a official MMA fighter and I want to get into the ring already" Korra said bouncing up and down.

"Calm down a little, Korra. I'm glad that you're excited because I am too because this is my fight as someone's trainer. We both have a lot to prove but I know that we can do this" Opal said pumped.

"We are the Dynamic Duo" Korra said grinning like an idiot.

"I could've done without the Batman reference but yeah, we're in this together" Opal said pumping her arm in the air.

"Lets do this, Opal" Korra said.

"Yeah" Opal said nodding.

The two walked out of the locker room and towards the ring. Korra could hear the loud cheering as she walked out of the tunnel that leads them to the ring. This is what the fighter has been dreaming of since she was a little kid. Of fighting in the MMA circuit and now it was coming true. No more underground fights, and definitely no more Tarrlok. The Alaskan is now in the big league and is going to prove to everyone here that she deserves to be here.

Korra got inside of the ring and saw that her opponent was in the ring as well. The girl was maybe a inch or two taller than the fighter. She has long blonde hair with red streaks in it tied back into a ponytail, pale skin, freckles dusting her cheeks and her nose, and icy blue eyes. The girl was slight muscular but kept her feminine curves since they show through her clothes.

"How is everyone there, this evening? I am Shiro and I am going to be your announcer tonight. In the red corner is Mayumi Kamijyo" Shiro said pointing to the blonde girl.

Mayumi smiles and waves to the cheering crowd.

"In the blue is a new fighter to the MMA game. Her name is Korra a.k.a the Avatar" Shiro said pointing to Korra.

The crowd cheer loudly and Korra smiles sheepishly before waving to the crowd. The fighter scans the crowd and quickly finds Asami and Bolin in the crowd. The raven haired woman was probably cheering the loudest along with the green eyed man next to her. They both of them promised her that they would come to cheer her on. The Alaskan is going to make the both of them proud of tonight. Mayumi turns to Korra and holds out her hand. The darker fighter smiles and shakes the paler fighter's hand.

"Good luck, Korra" Mayumi said smiling.

"You too and maybe the best fighter win" Korra said smiling back.

"I plan on it" Mayumi said laughing good naturedly.

The fights begins and Mayumi throws a punch towards Korra's face. The younger fighter ducks the fist and throws a quick jabs to the older fighter's stomach following up with a uppercut to the chin. Mayumi stumbles back a little but regains her footing before throwing a quick roundhouse to Korra's side. The darker woman grunts a little before grabbing a hold of the paler woman leg before spinning her around a little and slamming her down onto the mat.

The taller woman rounds onto her feet before sending a barrage of quick jabs that the shorter woman was having a hard time blocking. Damn she's fast. It's too hard to keep with them. Korra miscalculated a punch that was coming and it ends up hitting her in the nose causing her to fall on the ground. The darker fighter was holding her nose as the blood flows out. The referee calls a time out and tells the Alaskan to see her trainer. Opal pulls out a small stool and sets her down, checking Korra's nose.

"It doesn't seem to be break. Do you think that you can continue?" Opal asked stopping the bleeding.

"There's no way in hell that I'm gonna let a bloody nose stop me from finishing this fight" Korra said in nasal voice.

"Are you sure that you can do this?" Opal asked unsure.

"I'm hella sure. I'm good" Korra said nodding.

"Okay go get 'em, champ" Opal said patting her on the back.

"The Avatar is back on her feet and determined to finish this fight" Shiro said smiling. Mayumi was standing in a fighting position and Korra got in her own. The referee commence again and both fighters give it their all. They weren't holding back on the blows that they are giving each other. Punches and kicks were flying as both fighter push each other to their limits. I'm running out of steam. I have to end this now or else I won't last too long.

It seems like Mayumi has the same idea. The next blow will decide the match. The both fighter run towards each other with their arms cocked back before jumping into the air at the same time.

SMACK!

Both fighters hit each other in the face causing them to hit the ground hard. Silence fell upon the Arena as both Mayumi and Korra was laying on the ground. They waited to see who would get up first or not at all. The darker fighter struggles to get up to her feet and hold herself up.

"The winner is the newcomer Avatar Korra!" Shiro cheered loudly.

The crowd erupt into loud cheering and Korra smiles sheepishly. She waves at the crowd. I can't believe it! I won! I really won! Take that, everyone who ever doubted me! Opal jumped on Korra's back and hugged her tightly.

"You did it, Korra. You won!" Opal said wrapping her arm around Korra's neck.

"Nah, we won. I can't believe it. We won, Opal" Korra said grinning.

"You were awesome, Korra. I look forward to our next match" Mayumi said holding out her hand.

"Me too. You were awesome too, Mayumi" Korra said shaking her head.

"See ya around" Mayumi said walking away.