two

I was alone at work the next day. Not a lot of people came in, only a few that had children and were begging to get a kitten or a puppy. I overheard the parents telling the kids that they can't get a puppy then ended up walking out with a kitten or puppy. It was pretty amusing to witness it.

Other than that not much has been going on. I was supposed to have Emily work with me but she has the flu then Hannah was supposed to but her and her boyfriend already made plans together before hand.

I didn't mind being alone though, especially because I'm surrounded by animals.

After watching a people walking in and out of the shop, a few bringing an animal with them, a man walked in and went straight for the front desk I was sitting at. I then realized he was the person who returned Jack.

"Good afternoon" I said to him.

"Hello. I spoke to you yesterday about the puppy" I nodded my head, waiting for him to continue.

"Um do you want him back?" I asked, hesitating a little bit.

"Oh no, no I don't" he reassured. I don't think I would've given him back anyway.

"Okay" I nodded my head. "Um so, why are you here?"

"Oh right" He let out a breathy laugh. "I have an offer. You don't have to say yes, I'm just asking and you are basically my last resort"

I don't know why but I felt nervous and uncomfortable. I have no idea who this guy is. I've never seen his face a day in my life until yesterday.

"I'm sorry but I barely know you.." I told him.

"It's nothing to do with me" He said, and my eyebrows frowned. "It's for my client, he's filming a music video this weekend and I need someone to be his love interest"

"Once again, I barely know you. I don't know who your client is. I'm really sorry but I can't do that." I shook my head. I'm kind of wanting to press the emergency button that automatically alerts the police.

"I'm not gonna let you do it for free" He said. "I'll give you $5,000, once we're done and over with the video"

I paused. $5,000?

I'll be honest, I almost said yes, no questions asked. But, I really don't want to say yes until I do some research on this guy, and if he even is a manager.

"I'll think about it" I told him. His face lit up a little bit.

"Heres my card" He handed me the small paper card with his name, number and email. "If you decide you want to do it, call me, or email me either or"

I nodded my head and tried to give him the best polite smile I could.

"Alright have a good day" He said and traveled out the glass doors.

I stared at the card a little longer. His name is Evan Henry.

I'm definitely doing research on this man once I get home, or Hannah's. I don't want to go to my apartment but I also don't want to go bother Hannah. She always tells me that I'm not bothering her but I always feel like I am.

My phone buzzed and lit up with a text from Hannah. Speak of the devil.

my luvv: is it slow??

me: yeah it is 😴

my luvv: come bowling with me

me: are you just inviting me
because you feel bad for me? and what happened to your date with ryan?