sixteen

It's been a week since I've heard from Harry, after the odd visit he made, and a little over a week since mine and Cameron's argument. Both put a lot of stress on me, one being more stressful than the other, and of course it's the argument between Cameron and I.

Today I am meeting with Evan and Harry will be tagging along to talk about the "publicity stunt" we have agreed to, or at least I have agreed to. Before the meeting though, I wanted to meet with Cameron so I gave him a call but it went straight to voicemail.

My anger had died down a little and since it did, I wanted to talk to him since he obviously wasn't going to step forward and speak to me.

The meeting wasn't until the afternoon so I just decided I was going to Cameron's house and hopefully have an at least somewhat peaceful conversation.

I put on makeup, just a basic everyday look, then got dressed in mom jeans and a white button up shirt. Once I threw on my pair of white vans, I headed downstairs and out the door where Hannah was waiting for me in the driver's seat of her car.

I hopped into the passenger seat then she drove off.

I was kind of excited to see Cameron again, but also nervous because anything could happen, good or bad. My gut is telling me it isn't going to be good, but I ignored it.

Hannah pulled up into his driveway, but even before I made a move to get out of her car I saw an unknown vehicle parked next to Cameron's truck.

"Who is that?" I asked, as more of a rhetorical question.

I've never seen the car before and I know it's not his, but maybe it was a friend of his? Perhaps a family member?

I looked over to see what Hannah was possibly thinking, and she seemed just as confused as I am.

I tried shrugging it off, then went to hop out of her car but Hannah stopped me before I could leave by placing her hand on my shoulder. I sat back up fully in the seat, to turn to her.

"I'll be here if you need me." She said.

"Thank you, but I don't think I need your assistance." I chuckled.

"Still." She says then let's go of my shoulder.

I gave her a reassuring look then hopped out of her car, shut the door, then went up to Cameron's front door. I took a couple deep breaths to get rid of the pit in my stomach, then raised my fist up to knock on his door. I lightly knocked then backed away for him to answer.

It felt like so long before the front door had finally opened. I was hoping to see Cameron but instead I seen a girl around my age, dark brown hair falling past her shoulders and grayish eyes, but she was very pretty.

Before I could notice any of the main features the first thing I seen was the large t shirt she wore. The t shirt Cameron had on the night we went to the Alibi. I didn't want to automatically assume things but I couldn't help it. I felt my heart slowly begin to break and my bottom lip tremble but I didn't allow myself to cry.

"Hi, can I help you?" She asked as she laid against the doorframe.

"Is uh.." As I spoke I felt the dryness in my mouth, making me pause to salivate but it was no use. "Is Cameron here?"

She didn't answer right away. She stood up looking at me for a few seconds then nodded her head.

"He is." She said and paused. "Who are you?" Her eyebrows furrowed, as confusion spread across her face.

"I'm his girlfriend." I replied.

Her expression was blank now. I couldn't tell what she was thinking or how she was feeling.