four

¡trigger warning! - this has a mention of suicide, if you are easily triggered please don't read this chapter.

"He was a plain asshole. I think he even had a few beers before we got there. He's a complete opposite compared to the pictures we've seen." I ranted to Hannah who was sat on the other side of the couch.

Right after our meeting, I went straight to Hannah's house. I really had to rant off to her because there is certain things I want her to know and this was one of them.

"But the main question is; do you still want to do this?" She asked.

I thought for a second. I don't know if I really want to work with someone like him because of how disrespectful he is and the amount of alcohol he consumes. But, $5000 is such a good deal, even if I have to work with someone like him.

"If you don't want to, you really shouldn't. I can help you pay everything off, I told you that and I will tell you a million times over." She said.

"Hannah, I told you I don't want you to do that. You're my best friend, not my personal bank account" I told her, and it's true. She knows I don't like her paying for stuff. I only allow it on Christmas and my birthday but that's it.

"I know but I have plenty of it. 5,000 isn't going to make me go bankrupt" She shrugged.

Her family has always been very very wealthy. Her dad sends her checks every other week to make sure she has enough to pay for essentials and food.

"That is very kind of you but I think I will do the music video. I mean, how bad could it be right?" I shrugged and she nodded her head agreeing with me.

"And then afterwards you can pay off those bills." She said, little does she know that there is no "paying off" the bills.

"What's wrong?" She must've noticed the look on my face, when I became worried again. I totally forgot about my apartment.

"Nothing." I reassured, shaking my head.

"You're lying. What are you not telling me?" She asked with furrowed brows as she looked at my lying face.

The echoing of the door bell went off turning her attention away from me.

"We aren't done talking." She said and got up to go answer the door.

I turned around when she opened the door and seen her mother standing in the door way. Oh god.

Her mom has always hated me. I personally didn't understand because I've always treated her with respect but I'd never receive the same back.

When Hannah and I were kids, we'd always have our sleepovers at her house and at dinner time her mom would always make my plate and give me very small portions. I would go to bed starving all the time. Looking back at it, I don't know why I didn't tell my mom.

That's only one of the things she has done to me. She didn't only treat me like that but my family as well.

"Mother," Hannah said, shocked.

"Hello Darling, how have you been? I've missed you so much." She walked past Hannah and into the house.

She had a wide smile on her face until her eyes landed on me.

"Hello Anna." She said looking me up and down then turned back to Hannah.

"We should chat in private, hun." She said and sat down on the chair next to the couch I was sitting on. "

"Whatever it is can be said in front of Anna." Hannah said, coming over and sitting beside me. Her mom turned her head and rolled her eyes thinking I didn't see her but I did.