Character List

Some people have been struggling with the names so I made a character list. If there is more information you want/ you think it could be laid out better. Or you know. If I've forgotten someone. 

Notes on ages: K'nairi lives to about 300-400 naturally. I have the average human age as being 70s. 

K'nairi are considered children until they go through Navdia, which is their sexual awakening. Typically it happens between 20-25. Any k'nairi under 15 is roughly the same their human counterparts. After things get hazy. Between Navdia and 100 k'nairi are considered young adults, so basically twenties in human terms. 100-200 are considered adults, think 30s/40s and the 200 to 300 is the 50s to 60s. Any k'nairi who reaches 400 is basically 100 in human years. It's possible but very rare. 

And then. You know. Humans who end up linked have their ages go weird because the k'nairi magic expands their lifespan. The younger the link, the more like k'nairi they end up as. Ryraso is predicted to live to about 300 with his new lifespan. 

Main Characters

Ryraso - 38 human male. A healer and technically on the Namya side of the war. 

Tai'ray - 75 k'nairi male. The Winglord, leader of the k'nairi. D'mar.

Dyn'ad - 80 k'nairi male. Tai'ray's mate, and head of the nest. The warrior of the Royals. D'mar.

Nel'os - 72 k'nairi male. Tai'ray's mate. First bonded of the royals and submissive. D'mar. Has a talent for transporting.

Aw'endo - 17 k'nairi male. Tai'ray's adoptive son and considered the Prince of the k'nairi. 

Eyeri - 16 human male. Ryraso's apprentice and foster son. 

Major Characters

- Either often in the story or very important within the world

Cai'ress - 39 k'nairi male. Nel'os former lover. Tai'ray banished him from court. 

Fetmar - 26 human male. Eyeri's older brother. Stuck in Navat after attempting to recuse Eyeri.  

Inai - 27 human male. High Priest of the Namya. 

Isst - 41 human male. Bodyguard to Inai. Ryraso's oldest friend. Widowed early in the war and has 12 children who don't talk him. 

Loror - 45 human male. Leader of the D'mar. The only human ever to make it to Navat by foot. Former slave and starter of the rebellion. 

Pol'ar - 370 k'nairi male. Head of the healer's circle. Fond of Ryraso but will do what is best for the circle ultimately. 

Ton'eath - 180 k'nairi male. High Priest of the K'nairi. Doesn't like speaking in human. 

Minor Characters

Ang'as - 80 k'nairi male. Former consort to the former winglord. Best friends with Nel'os. Has a problem finding a nest. 

Est'as - 90 k'nairi female. Ambassador to the Winglady and the female conclave. 

Fl'ex - 360 k'nairi male. Guardian of Tayagwe and Herymi's adoptive father. 

Gar'kin - 120 k'nairi male. Former consort to the former winglord. Works as the palace gardener. Has a romantic interest in Ang'as. 

Herymi - 37 human male. From Tayagwe. Was kidnapped with Ryraso and Eyeri before being brought to Navat. Trained as a bodyguard. 

Iss'vine ?? k'nairi female. Matron of the younglings at the Royal court. 

O'chetur - 38 k'nairi male. Lives in Tayagwe, currently working in the home guard in Navat. Suitor of Herymi. Head of his nest. 

Wiljam - ?? human male. Old friend of Ryraso and former lover. Namya solider. 

Yerir'o - ?? k'nairi male. Current k'nairi commander in the D'mar army. Suitor of Fetmar.

Zaro - 27 human male. Trapped in Navat after Fetmar's failed attempt to save his brother. Former lover of the twins and brother to Tiew. 

Mentioned Characters

- People known about but not really in the story. Or don't really have any speaking parts. 

Adar'y - 37 k'nairi male. Lives in Tayagwe. Suitor of Herymi. Part of O'chetur's nest.

Cha'em - 34 k'nairi male. Lives in Tayagwe. Suitor of Herymi. Part of O'chetur's nest.

Gar'skel - ?? k'nairi male. High Guardian. Part of the Royal Court. 

Honuf't- ?? k'nairi male. Part of the Royal Court.

Jak - ?? human male. Lives in Tayagwe. Lonely and wishes to return to the human world.

Kal'bur - ?? k'nairi male. Part of Gar'kin's nest. Doesn't like Ang'as.

Kelenn - ?? human male. Namya Frontliner, twin brother to Sayskel. Has a friendly rivalry with the Royal Triad. Cousin to Taidra. Like cousin has technology implanted in his skull which allows him to talk to his brother with speaking.

Kanan - ?? human male. Namya Frontliner, the middle Zaman brother. 

Makio - ?? human male. Namya Spy, the second oldest Zaman brother.

Moruv'y - ?? k'nairi male. Member of the Navat home guard. 

Mo'sit - ?? k'nairi male. Former consort to the former winglord. Part of the Royal court. Works as a librarian and teaches noble children their letters etc.

Ny'orm - 290 k'nairi male. High Guardian. Part of the Royal Court. 

Oira - 19 human male. Namya Scientist, the fourth Zaman brother.

Par'nast - ?? k'nairi male. High of the home guard in Navat. 

Ran'mosy - 35 k'nairi male. Lives in Tayagwe. Suitor of Herymi. Part of O'chetur's nest.

Ril'shy - ?? k'nairi male. Works as a tailor for the Royal court in Navat. 

Samki - 41 'human' male. Spymaster for the Dmar. Doesn't get on with Tai'ray very well.

Sayskel - ?? human male. Namya Frontliner, twin brother to Kelenn. Has a friendly rivalry with the Royal Triad. Cousin to Taidra. Like cousin has technology implanted in his skull which allows him to talk to his brother with speaking.

Ser'ad- ?? k'nairi male. Part of the Royal Court. Was banished after striking Ang'as.

S'onon - ?? k'nairi male. Former D'mar, but has an illness that damages his wings. Now lives in Navat and words as an orderly. Friend of Ryraso from when he lived in Navat. 

Tai'dra - 37 human male. Namya security officer. One of the few people left with computer technology embedded within him. 

Tai'hon - ?? k'nairi female.  Former consort to the former winglord. Part of the Royal court. 

Tiew - ?? human male. Namya tactician. Worked on the warship with Ryraso. Zaro's older brother. 

Umin - deceased k'nairi male. Former priest and healer, Ryraso's mentor.