[ 7 ]

Once upon a time

There's no way. I thought to myself. "I can have someone to check on you." he asked in worry. "No jungkook." I held his hand before he left. "I .. don't want words to spread. You know it will complicate things only."

"Thalina but-"

"I'll be fine." I smiled assuringly to him trying to hide my urge to vomit again. "Are you sure ? I-I can pull you out from-"

"No. No. It's fine. I have to get back to work the imperials are going to be eating soon. "I'll see you then." He said before walking off. I watched as he walked away having mixed feelings about this unborn. Half of me didn't want it to be true. Only seeing him walk away made me feel how sad he was seeing be bare an unborn of a royal. I don't know how long I'll be able to keep this to myself, but if words get out, I will no longer be just a maid. Meaning it will be harder for me to get out of the palace and live the life I've always dreamed of.

My morning sickness flew like the wind, making me light headed the next and after it's gone, it came and go. During all this time I tried to avoid Jimin. I didn't want him to worry or even be overly worried. I suddenly felt light headed while hanging clothes. Making me tumble. "Woah. Careful." Jungkook said catching me before I fell. I pulled away from him trying to stabilize myself. "Jungkook what are you doing here ?"

"I came back to check up on you." He held me close so I wouldn't tip over again. He hugged me. "I wish it was mine." He whispered the emotion from deep inside him. "I wish you were mine." I wrapped my arms around him comforting him not knowing what to say to him. Sure I too did wish the same. Jungkook was suddenly pulled away from me and punch to the ground making him loose his balance. "Jungkook.." I mumbled from the suddenly separation that go me dizzy. "Thalina !" The voices shouted as I fell unable to make out the voices.

Jungkook pushed the older male aside as he only stood in shock. Jungkook quickly carried her in his arm. Jimin glared at him as he was holding to his wife. "If anything happens to her don't blame me for being cruel." Jungkook warned alarming Jimin and pull him back reclaiming Thalina in his arms. "She is mine."

"Thalina ?." Jimin shook me gently awakening me. "Jimin .." I said as my blurred vision started to focus and I saw Jungkook standing behind him. I tried to sit up. "I just called the physician he will come by soon." I looked to jungkook as he had his head down in guilt unable to protect the unborn from being exposed. "I'm fine Jimin. You didn't have to."
Before I escape the physician entered my room and Jimin allowed him to checked my pulse. Jungkook and Jimin watched eagerly. "How is she ?" I began to sweat out of nervousness. I didn't know what to feel, both of them were there. It's good news to one and bad to another. "She .. she's baring a child." Jimin eyes widen as jungkook and I stared at each other. "She's doing well. She fainted due to exhaustion, make sure she doesn't work too hard and have her rest so the child can be healthy." I stared at Jimin noticing his eyes widen in happiness. "Baby ?"

"Yes, Your highness. From what I can detect she has been a month pregnant."

"A Month ?" Jimin held my hand as I watch Jungkook walked out of the room with a sadness expression. I'm sorry I wanted to say as he walked away.

Jimin too noticed the way his brother looks at his wife. How sad he was to hear that she bares his child and not his own. "Why didn't you tell me ?"

"I .. didn't want you to worry. Jennie-"

"Can you please stop mentioning Jennie. It's about you and our child right now." He said as he cupped my cheeks. I gently smiled at him pulling him closer to me hugging him hiding my nervous face. I was afraid.