Wishes

"I'm fine." I said as Jason helped me into the car.

"Can't take any chances." He said and Saiki climbed in and sat next to me.

I lay my head on his shoulder and Jason closed the door. He walked around to start the car.

"Thank you." I smiled at Kusuo.

"For what? I knew what would happen and couldn't stop it." He mumbled.

"Hm? From what I know, when that car hit me, I should've had more injuries than this, and a concussion." I said to him and he still looked guilty.

"Im not upset." I said poking his cheek.

I saw his hand hovering a bit over my own. I smiled and held his hand tightly. "Thank you for trying to save me." I said softly and yawned.

"... sleep." He said and I hugged his arm and drifted off to sleep.

It's been a week since I've gotten home, and everything is back to normal. I was getting ready for school and looking int he mirror to make sure nothing was uneven. I then grabbed my bag and looked inside, making sure I had everything as I made my way down the stairs.

"Ah, my notebook." I said and turned and bumped into something and somebody grabbed my wrist to steady me. I looked up at Gabe. He hit my head with my notebook. "Forget something?" he asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Gimmie that." I said taking my notebook and stuffing it in my bag.

"Ready for your first day back?" he asked. I shrugged, not really caring. "I'll have a lot of homework to catch up on." I said as I went to the kitchen to find some food.

"By the way, what do you want?" he asked.

"Huh?" I asked looking at him.

"For what?" I asked.

"On Saturday?" he said.

"So?" I asked.

"Its your birthday..." he said.

...

...

...

...

"Oh yeah..." I realized figuring out that Saturday was (birthday).

"You want a party or something?" he asked.

"I don't really care." I said.

"... So a party then." Gabe said getting a banana.

"Alright, though I rather not invite anyone from school." I said sitting on a stool.

"Not even your boyfriend?" He asked.

".. Okay, him." I said.

"Only him?" he asked.

"Well, if I invite his friends, then... well.. they don't know we're dating, but the family does.." I mumbled.