Tenth Grade

Tenth Grade

Hannah

I closed the library door behind me, holding the four books against my chest I needed to study for the science test next week. My backpack began to slouch on my shoulder, I quickly caught the strap nudging it over. Hearing cheers at the end of the hallway, the jocks and cheerleaders boasting "Vikings rule!" as they continued down the halls. The cheerleaders waving their pom poms over their heads, some doing cartwheels through the halls for their celebration. I dodged it pressing my back against the wall and clutching my books to my chest, I breathed out a sigh thanking God I wasn't pummeled. I watched them pass by, one of the jocks jumped on another's back, he pushed him off playfully. Hair wet and in swim trunks. Oh, yeah the swim meet last weekend it totally slipped my mind, I guess we won. I should have gone but mom and dad had to work overtime. Linda was out of town and Edward had his grandfather's birthday event. Plus no money for the bus, so no transportation.

I didn't check the score or watched it on the school website. Damn, Netflix was addicting. A hint of chlorine hit my nostrils the athletes walked by and throwing positive words to each other and then I saw him. The boy I've been infatuated since seventh grade. The alpha male, MVP swimmer of Ford High.

Charlie Hepburn smiled, stepping behind the guys, teeth whiter than ever, it could blind somebody. Some of his teammates gave out high fives to him. His hair flipped to the side, the blues in the corner of his eyes gleamed from the sunshine. "Awesome butterfly move, Charlie!" A teammate told him patting his shoulder. I wanted to run my hand through his hair, wondering how soft it would be in my touch. Broad shouldered and tall, he's a dreamboat.

He took my breath away, barely noticing me as he walked off with his group. I hitched a breath and felt a bit of drool on the corner of my lip. I licked it away and sighed moving off the wall. Of course, he didn't see me, as usual, I admired from afar. Walking by more students to my next class a person bumped into my shoulder with force, I stumbled and fell on my butt. My books were now spread across the floor. Jeez.

The one thing I was trying to avoid, I frowned hard searching for the person, they disappeared into the crowd. I huffed, picking them up before anyone stepped on them. Students walking my way, hearing them chuckle not one helped. "Klutz," a student mumbled walking over me. I shook my head continuing to pick them up, chivalry is dead.

Reaching for the last two but it was nowhere to be seen until I saw them being held by a pair of hands. "Oh, thanks," I muttered and took them, there's hope for humanity after all. I got off my knees, wiping off the dust to get a good look at my savior, but they were gone.

Turning my head left and right searching, how would I know who it was? It could have been anyone. Holding them all in place walking off the spot to my class.