Chapter 4: I Like You

Hannah

After school ended, me, Linda and Edward were walking home together since we lived in the same neighborhood. My street was coming to view and we parted ways. I kicked the pebble out of the way and then I felt my phone vibrate. Reaching into my pocket, my screen popped for a text notification from Charlie labeled under 'loopy'. I chose that name for him, mine was bubbles from 'Powerpuff Girls'.

Meet me at my place, behind the guest house-loopy. Huh. I wondered why all of a sudden he wanted to meet up. And at his place, no less. I paced myself, his house was a fifteen-minute walk, I wish mom and dad would buy me a car already. I walked toward his house carefully, the three-story white house with blue shutters and beige door in view, so I headed to the back, threading through his bushes not to trample on any of the flowers. 

There were no cars in the driveway, good thing. I peeked my head out a little, checking if anyone was around. The coast was clear. While reaching the doorknob, cold hands wrapped around my upper arm. "Heeya!" I yelled as I threw them over my shoulder and onto the ground.

"Ow! Hannah it's me jeez," the familiar voice claimed groaning in pain.

"Oh my gosh, sweetie I'm so sorry," I said in a sympathetic voice, "You know you shouldn't sneak up on me like that." I helped him up from the ground, he brushed the dirt off his clothes. Those martial arts class really came in handy for defense.

"It's fine." He grabbed my head, pecking my lips lightly. I smiled against his mouth. He took my hand, pulling me inside the furnished guest house and closed the door behind him.

 "I thought we weren't supposed to meet here," I questioned, rubbing my arms.

"It's ok. My parents aren't home," he answered.

"Then what's wrong?"

"I saw you talking to some dude I have never seen before. Who is he?" His face scrunched with concern and irritation. Of course, that's what this was about: he's jealous.

He could talk to any girl that threw themselves at him but one guy spoke to me and it's a problem. "You mean Louis? What about him?" I asked innocently, tilting my head to the side.

"Louis seemed like he was flirting with you. "

"He shook my hand."

"He seemed slimy."

"I gave him a tour of the school. You don't even know him."

"So?"

"Last time I checked, in public we are not together. I can talk to whoever I want."

"Yeah, but not him." I sighed exasperatedly and ran my hands over my face.

"Charlie, you're so confusing. I saw you flirting earlier with some girl. No shame at all. I did nothing, as much as I wanted to cause a scene, I restrain myself. Now you're coming at me because a guy asked me to show him around? You actually deserve that take down earlier to knock some sense in your head," I ranted.

 "I was not flirting," he defended.

"Her boobs were basically in your face."

"No, it wasn't. Now you're exaggerating."

"So you noticed."

"I didn't notice anything!"

I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest, turning my back to him. 

"Hannah banana, I didn't bring this up to argue with you. I wasn't interested in her. You can talk to whoever you want, but I don't want you dating anyone." I felt his arms wrap around my shoulders.

"I don't want you dating anyone either." I sighed and turned to face him. He pouted his lips, his eyes up to me. I rolled my eyes, "you can't let me fall for your cute look."

"You like it," he said sweetly.

"I like you," I told him.

"I like you too," he admitted, taking a hold of my waist, our foreheads touched, and he bumped it gently. I could forgive him, I guess.

"It's you and me," he whispered, kissing me softly.

"It's  you and me," he whispered, kissing me softly