Chapter 7: Karma, Jackhole

Hannah:

"I've been watching you all night," he told me in a low slurred voice. As my back hit against the wall moving me away from the crowd, Max's hands gripped on my biceps and blue eyes blazed into mine. I tried to pry his hands off but he wouldn't budge, his boozy breath fanned all over my face.

"Max, you're drunk and you need to let go of me," I calmly told him, he didn't comply.

"Please, Hannah, I know you want me. This dress has been teasing me all night-" he was cut off by me kicking him in the balls, he fell to the floor on his knees. Karma, jackhole. I heard him call me a bitch as I ran away. Breathing in and out, I placed my palms on my chest to slow my heart down.

"Hannah," a voice I recognized immediately behind me.

"Hi," I responded shaky, meeting Charlie's eyes.

"What were you doing with that Liam guy on the dance floor?"

"Dancing," I emphasized, "and it's Louis."

"He kissed you."

"On the cheek, and what about you and that brunette that was clutching you?" He rubbed his face with his hands in frustration. Checking his surroundings, he took me to the nearest bathroom and shut the door behind us.

"She's no one." He looked me right in the eyes.

"And it was nothing with Louis, you know that," I told him. He sighed heavily and cupped my face.

"You look beautiful. I didn't get a chance to tell you."

I laughed and muttered a "thank you. Your friend didn't have a hard time telling me."

"Who?" He frowned.

"Max, he's drunk and basically groped me." The anger flashed through his face. He lets go of me, forcibly opening the door. "It's not worth it." I held him back and closed the door.

He looked back at me his expression softened, he held my hand and said "I don't want any guy taking advantage of you. I'm supposed to be your knight and shining armor."

"In secret. Besides, I can take care of myself, I kicked him in his baby maker." I smiled with confidence and he laughed. I felt like the old sitcom with the security guard worker and his wife that my dad liked to watch reruns. Pow! Right in the kisser!

"I know you can." He leaned in and kissed me softly as he ran his hands through my hair, I held onto his neck as our deepens, he lifted me on the sink.

My skin got prickly, I felt the hair on the back of my neck raise. His mouth kissing slowly on my collar bone, my breathing became shallow. "Do you want to go to a room?" I whispered to him.

He looked up at me in a surprised expression like I said something wrong. "What?"

"I mean, we're alone and most of the people here are drunk. They won't know it's us," I started to tug his belt, he pushed my hand away.

"Hannah, there's no pressure."

"I know, but I'm ready. I- I think I-" I stuttered, pulling onto his collared shirt.

Charlie putting his finger to my mouth, "don't say it if you don't mean it."

"I do, Charlie. You mean so much to me. I want to show you." I pressed our lips harder.

"Are you drunk?" He accused against my lips.

"No," I told him, he eyed me suspiciously. His mouth was red and swollen. I let go of him.

"You don't want me? You don't think I'm sexy?" I squinted and shrunk into my posture.

"Hannah, you're beautiful and very sexy. We can take our time." He held my face, eyes trying to convince me but I didn't believe him. Tears started to fill my eyes, he pulled me into a hug. "I want to, just not at a party. Especially at Max's house." I nodded in agreement, hunching into his chest. He did have a point, anyone could come in and ruin it. I wanted our first time to be at least magical. I took in his cologne scent, inhaling deeply made me calmer.

"I know you want it to be good," he spoke into my neck.

"It will only be good because I'll be with you." I lifted my head, our foreheads touched tenderly.

"You want me to take you home?"

I shook my head, "I came with Linda and Edward." He nodded. I sighed and got down from the sink. He opened the door, with me getting out first and him right behind. There was no one in the hallway, which gave us an unseen getaway.

"I'll text you, bubbles," Charlie told me.

"I'll respond, loopy." He kissed my cheek softly and made his way to the stairs climbing down. These feelings were getting stronger every day. Stronger than like. I was scared to tell him, I didn't want to lose him. I slid it away, shook off my shoulders in a shimmy and walked downstairs to look for Louis.

 I slid it away, shook off my shoulders in a shimmy and walked downstairs to look for Louis