Chapter 2: Hey, Hey

Chapter 2: Hey, Hey

 Hannah

I thought out of everyone Seth wouldn't be the one to ditch us to the VGPs. I guess he was sick of being bullied. Like I said before, he's a coward. And get this: he's dating Lucy! I mean seriously. Cue in the disbelief laughter.

During the schooldays, me and Charlie would walk by saying no words. The only bliss were the fake notes he forged, we could make out in secret locations at school. I couldn't go to his house, because his friends were always there. Swim practices took his time away from me, the season was starting in the winter. Since I'm a volunteer student aid, I help transfer students and do some tutoring jobs, my schedule was busy as well.

I'm not trying to sound clingy or anything but I wanted my BF time. The texts from him twice a day still made it ok. I just... I wanted to be around him more.

***

Monday morning I walked into the doors of the school, the first thing I saw was the Principal picking his teeth. "Morning, Principal Chambers," I greeted, he smiled with a nod and walked away. I stepped through the hallway, looking for my friends, they're nowhere in sight. Opening my locker, I grabbed my journal and then shut close not before seeing brown eyes and wild hair in front of me.

"Hey hey," Linda said cheerfully and looped her arm around me.

"Hey hey," I responded back.

"So, the first week of junior year and no bruises," she joked, lifting the sleeves of her shirt.

"No bruises." I laughed, bumping her shoulder with mine. We saw the VGPs around the corner, Seth with his arm around Lucy's shoulder. I shook my head disappointed, spotting Charlie next to Max in an animated chat.

He glanced at me, making eye contact for a quick second,  he looked away talking to Max again. At least that acknowledgment counted. At least. His hair wasn't wet today, nor was he in his swim practice outfit of synthetic sweats. His hair is better when it's dry, I could run my fingers through it all day. The sun hitting his blue eyes made it look like crystals. I must have stared for too long because Linda hit my shoulder, "huh, what?"

" I asked if you were excited for the rest of the year?" she asked, breaking my stare at him and I nodded. Despite my doubts, things would be okay.

Charlie:

She took my breath away. Max was still speaking to me but I completely zoned out when I noticed Hannah with her friend Linda, looking beautiful as always. She didn't notice me staring when she looked away, shaking her head at whatever Linda was saying. "Charles, what are you looking at?" Ally asked while poking my shoulder.

I turned to her and thought quickly, "Principal Chambers is picking his teeth again." I pointed at him. Just in time, he was picking his front teeth with his pinkie finger. They turned their attention to him, laughing loudly and ridiculing his habit. It was kind of funny though. My sight went to Hannah again as she unraveled her ponytail, the way her hair fell to her back. That cute way she giggled, the way her eyes glistened whenever she spoke of something she's passionate about. It would have been so much easier to walk up to her, hold hands or whatever it was that couples do out in the open.

Maybe a little note can excuse her from class today.