First Date

First date: Charlie

"Where are you taking me?" Hannah questioned with the blindfold on.

"It's a surprise," I whispered in her ear. I led her through the entrance with my hand on her shoulders so she wouldn't trip. We agreed on just dinner, I didn't tell her where. I could be a romantic guy sometimes and I liked the element of mystery.

I was too nervous before getting here, I changed my tie too many times. I decided not to have one, I buttoned the last of my blue buttoned shirt. Mom and dad knew I dated around but no relationships. That was the deal. My focus was on swimming and a scholarship, my mom owned three restaurants in town and dad was the high school superintendent.

When I picked her up tonight, she took my breath away in her knee-length purple dress, black cardigan and heels. "You look beautiful," I told her and she blushed red, tucking her loose strands behind her ear telling me I did too.

"Ooh, a surprise." She slouched her shoulders unenthused and then stopped in her tracks.

"Come on, you'll like this," I pushed her forward but she didn't budge at all. Oh my God, she's the stubborn type. I scooped her up in my arms, she let out a shriek.

"Charles! Put me down!" She held onto my neck so tightly. "You're not gonna drop me in a lake, are you? I will kill you if you do!" I chuckled, still holding her when I finally dropped her to her feet when we entered.

"Okay." I pulled the blindfold off, but she still had her eyes closed tightly. "Han, open your eyes." She opened it slowly, revealing the table for two in the empty candlelit restaurant. I asked mom if I could have it for the night.

"Oh, my God Charlie," she breathed out in awe of it all, shaking her head. "It's lovely. You didn't have to do all this; I would have been okay with the movies or something."

"I know but I wanted it to be nice, so I did this." I held her hands into mine meaning every word, staring into her eyes.

Grabbing my jaw, she kissed my cheek. I escorted her to the table linking our elbows. I felt tingles on my skin. This was new. The waiter, Bernard, was working for us tonight and asked for drink orders. We both ordered sparkling water. "You're not allergic to anything are you?"

"I don't digest spicy food very well." Hannah shook her head, scratching the inside of her arm. Bernard came by again, placing our drinks in front of us. She took a big sip and coughed. I laughed silently.

"Are you allergic to anything?" She asked.

"No, surprisingly," I answered, laying my arms on the table.

"Good." She nodded. I grabbed my napkin, twisted it around my eyes everywhere. From the walls to the lights, my heart was beating way too fast.

"Are you nervous?" She asked biting her top lip.

"A little," I admitted, dropping the napkin.

"Aww." Reaching for my hand, she squeezed it gently. My pulse calming down I grinned. She smiled widely. There was a thump in my chest and I felt it drop in my stomach.

Bernard told us about the specials before he asked what was appetizing tonight. She requested chicken alfredo, I ordered lobster with extra butter.

During dinner we discussed movies and music, she liked some of the movies I did (40-year-old virgin and fight club) but the movie titles that she dropped I have never heard of. We had the same taste in music (Beatles, Rolling Stones, Panic at the Disco, Drake, Childish Gambino) but differed in some ways, she's more into pop and indie and I'm more into hip hop and heavy metal. As the night continued, listening to her speak animatedly with her hands, all I could do was smile.

"This was so much fun, thank you." She laughed while we strolled through the park after dinner hand in hand laced together.

"Me too, I'm glad you liked it." I pulled her closer to my side, she held onto my waist. Step by step we walked I spun her around, she giggled taking a hold of my shoulders.

Her eyes glowing from the moon. My thumb pressed on her chin lifting it up. Noses touching slightly and then lips met into a soft kiss. I could still taste the sauce on her tongue and a little bit of vanilla from her lip gloss. Hannah's arm around my neck as we kissed. Goosebumps, I had goosebumps on my skin. That hasn't happened before.