Chapter 8: I Bet You're Awesome

Hannah:

I woke up the next morning, reflecting on what happened last night at the party as I stared at the ceiling. I almost wanted to have sex with Charlie. At his friend's house. Shaking my rough bed hair, I pressed my palm down to my chin. I called a cab and went to bed immediately after I left the incident with Charlie. Looking to my side, Linda was still asleep. She decided to have a sleepover for the weekend. She ended up coming over around four am. I got up from my bed slowly not to wake her up, used the bathroom and wash my hands. As I exited the bathroom, I reached for my phone and unplugged it from the charger. I had missed calls from my parents around midnight and one from Seth, which made me wonder why he's calling me. I checked my message notifications Charlie texted me four times, Linda twice, Ed once, Mom once.

Linda- I'm doing body shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME SHOW OFF UR BOD TO DO ONE! ;) 1:34am

Linda- Eddie's mad at me, so I'm mad at him! 3:50 am

Loopy- I'm sorry for what happened. Are you ok? 12: 20 am
Loopy- Where are u, did u leave? 12:59 am
Loopy- Where are u? 1:39 am

Loopy- I hope ur at home so goodnight and text me when u get this 2:19 am

Eddie- Tell Linda that to take two Advil 4:15 am

Mom- I saw you and Linda asleep this morning, so I didn't want to wake you both. Me and your dad are running errands all day so see you at dinner 10:01 am

I decided to text Ed first: 'I will. To Charlie: I'm fine. I did leave. See you on Monday. <3. Mom and Dad: all right. Love you. I took two steps at a time to the kitchen to make breakfast for me and Linda to cure her hangover. She couldn't she just have one drink and be civil at a party? Before going to sleep, she mumbled about fighting with Ed. I sighed at this thought, bringing out eggs, bacon, and bread. As I finished the eggs, I started grilling the bacon and toasted the bread. I heard footsteps from the stairs. "Smells great." Linda's voice sounded groggy and tired.

"Afternoon," I greeted her.

"Really?" She asked and I nodded as I put the food on two plates. I saw her pull out her phone to check the time. "It's 11:39," she grumbled.

"I know," I said with a small smile.

"Ed didn't call or text me."

"He texted me." I poured juice into two cups.

"What did he say?"

"He said you should take two Advil." She sighed heavily and muttered crap. I sat down with my plate and then started eating.

"What happened to you guys last night anyway?" I asked with my mouth full.

"Ugh, he got mad at me when I was doing body shots off this guy, telling me I have no respect for him. I told him he was being dramatic. He told me I was shameless with my body, it got heated when I said that I think about other guys when we make out."

"Linda, no."

"It's not true, but I was drunk and angry. So he yelled at me saying to get my own ride and stormed off."

"Who took you here then?"

"Louis." My eyes widened. So he took her here, now he knows where I live, great.

"How did you convince him to take you here?" I questioned. She grinned widely, wiggling her eyebrows. "Linda, what did you do?"

"Haha, well I kind of told him about you, that you're pretty and single and to take us to the mall," she admitted.