|Memory 13|

Here they were again... these hallucinations.

Sweat run down your forehead, a shiver ran down your spine and a lump came to your throat, it was him...

The doctors said it was just because of the traumatic events that you could see.. them. They aren't real, it will pass, they said. But... They wouldn't disappear, you'd see Fritz, you'd have nightmares, and see... children you didn't know. You could frequently hear Fritz and a little girl named Susie talk to you, you sometimes talked back, and sometimes ignored them by fear.

You were terrified, but also were used to their presence, which wasn't really good for you, psychologically.

He immediately ran next to you with his small legs and childish laugh.

You hesitantly entered the pizzeria with the two excited kids, instantly feeling overwhelmed by the strange aura inside of the family restaurant. Strange yet... familiar.

You knew the truth behind Fritz, William and the old pizzeria, and right now you weren't particularly comfortable.

Here is a fact,

Did you know that after a month, a corpse enter a stage where it liquifies, leaving the body to rot in a pool of mucus and its own organs. And also a disgusting smell, that can only make you gag. This happens some times after the teeth and nails fall out, of course.

Y/n shivered at the thought.

The twins almost immediately ran to the stage where a brown bear was performing next to a purple rabbit with a red guitar. Chica wasn't on stage, and was nowhere to be seen. You shrugged it off when you saw all the kids running toward the red fox that was doing a goofy dance on his own little stage, singing in an exaggerated pirate voice. You smiled softly, watching over the two children who you now noticed were wearing matching green bracelets.

Two cheesy pizzas were suddenly placed in front of you, still hot from the oven,
you furrowed your eyebrows and turned around to say that you didn't order anything but you cut yourself off, seeing William. Unlike before, his hair weren't pulled back by hair gel, quite the contrary in fact. His state was very much different from the last time you saw him, his clean chin was now covered with some stubbles, and his hair were pulled into a very messy man-bun. He was overall very messy looking, unlike before, and seemed over stressed.

« -Greetings William.

You greeted the man, still watching the kids carefully. Pushing back any emotions you had left, into the back of your throat.

- Hello y/n. Look i wanted to-

You quickly cut the man off, now fully glaring at him,

- If you've come to annoy me or make me even more depressed, i swear to god.

He quickly stuttered, his tired husky voice stumbled on words, almost making him sound like Henry, and passing his hands into his hair, messing up even more the man-bun,

- No! No.. Listen, i know what you expect me to do, and you'd be very right to think that. But.. I- I you know.. I just wanted to say... Let's go into my office, i don't wanna cause a scene, don't worry for the kids, the puppet is watching over them.»

You quickly looked over to check on the kids, seeing them play at the arcade with a little blond child, you couldn't really tell if they were a boy or a girl. You also noticed the giant gift box next to the main stage, opening slightly to reveal some kind of strange, not in a bad way, puppet, you thought it was an original security system.

Your hand was grabbed by William who quickly pulled you to his office, which was very quiet, the only sound left was the one of the kids screaming of joy outside. Fritz was still following you, frowning as he saw the man with a purple suit. William then made you seat on the familiar couch in front of his wooden desk. He sighed and looked into your eyes, with no emotions apart from exhaustion.

« - My condolences for your mother, she was... a good woman, alright ? And i wanted to apologize for my.. unprofessional behaviors.

Even though he looked genuinely sorry and sad for you, you still snapped, sadness filling you, and anger boiling,

- How dare you?

One of his eyebrows raised quickly as he quickly asked, his voice cracking slightly,

- What?

Your eyes flared, only rage consuming you, all common sense left was now gone, sadness and grief being disguised and hidden as scorching anger, you demanded angrily to the man in front of you, your fists tightening, and getting up from your seat, nearing him with fast steps,

- How dare come and say this to my face? When you are the reason everything that happened to me happened ? When you are the man, no the monster i despise, i hate, the most? How, could anyone be that cruel??!

The man in front of you just put his left hand on your shoulder, trying not to anger you more, and breathed,

- I don't think i understand, y/n?

You trembled, animosity filling you, pushing his hand away quickly, and yelled, tears finally flowing,

- I can't carry on this way anymore, i can't live like this..!

He quickly hugged you as you stumbled forward, and begged for answers worriedly, almost like a friend would,

- What's wrong? Why are you crying?

You tried to get away from him but his embrace only got tighter, your tears fell onto his purple stripped shirt, you muttered, trying to breath through the tears,

- You cannot even fathom how i feel!»

You finally pushed him away, breathing heavily, you didn't mean to, and yet it felt so good. As William began to rub the the left side of his face, you felt slightly scared and guilty. You looked at your reddening hand and then at his face which was too becoming red. You flinched, and yet he still kept his calm demeanor, and turned to you. You really didn't mean to slap him, Fritz watched both of you, curled up against the wall, trembling with fear and emanating a freezing aura, making you shiver.

You were mortified and yet in contrast  Afton made no move and just straightened himself calmly, and looked at you familiarly. After a deafening silence, William stated dully with a certain excitement in his voice and on his face,

«- What if i do? Huh? Have you ever thought that the only reason why i kept you alive was because i saw myself through you? You are just like me, admit it. »

Your heart skipped a beat, and you gulped.