CHAPTER 13

"The most disrespected woman in America is the black woman.The most unprotected woman in America is the black woman."-Malcolm X

Mi'arah POV
Ughhh Monday again it's like the weekend goes by so fast! I really don't want to go to school today. I should fake sick but my momma gonna see right through me. I just don't want to see Keith but I know I'm going to have to because of our project together.

AT SCHOOL IN THE CLASSROOM
Keith POV
Mi'arah has been acting so weird after our date..Maybe she thinks I'm using her to do the whole project but I'm not..I'm actually liking the turn out of the project and spending time with Mi'arah wish I can spend more time with her she's too shy at times but when she's not shy she's cool to be around.

Keith:(sitting next to Mi'arah)
Hey Mi'arah wanted to know if you have time to wrap up our project we're almost done.

Daisha:(trying to be funny) of course I have time for you keith headass..

The whole class laughing at the joke Daisha made..

Keith: Daisha chillout I wasn't talking to you..

Daisha: you was talking to me over the weekend..

Keith: Yea so? I don't know why I did that I guess I just needed a nut that's all.

Daisha: whatever you gonna hit me up again!

Keith: nahh. Soo?(turning his direction back to Mimi). Are we gonna finish or what?

Mi'arah: uhhh idk I'm kinda busy after school.( knowing damn well I'm lying.)

Keith: oh what you got going on?

Mi'arah: (damn he asking way to many questions) um going to a kick back with sisi and liyah.(he knows I'm lying😭).

Keith: hmm kick back? Never heard about it where it's at I might pull up??

Mi'arah: oh I don't know I'm just tagging along.

Keith: oh different for you but cool maybe later then?

Mi'arah: yeah I'll see.

Mi'arah POV
I hate lying but I don't want Keith to think I'm always available for him even though it's for the project..I'm still feeling weird about him being with Daisha after our date thing. I mean she was his girlfriend for a long time and I'm not his girl nor will I ever be..He's gonna always have love for Daisha and I'm just going to have to understand it and get through my head that Keith Tyree Powers would never look at me that way.

AFTER SCHOOL
Mi'arah POV
I was waking home and I was turning the corner until I heard someone beep their horn at me. I turned around to see what was going on and there he was Keith.

Keith: Hey Mi'arah where's yours friends thought you guys were going out?

Mi'arah: oh we are just decided to walk home then go.

Keith: come on Mi'arah ( in a disappointed tone) get in the car Mi'arah.

Mi'arah: fine (getting into his car).

Keith: (staring at Mi'arah) you know you don't have to lie. If you didn't want to work on the project today you could've said so.(keeping his eyes on the road).