Chapter 16

"I am not my hair
I am not this skin
I am the soul that lives within" -India Arie I am Not my Hair.

Keith POV
Tuesday morning I'm excited but not really about going to school I'm so tired I spent all night thinking on what would I say to the class about our project. I mean we wrote down notes but I just get so nervous speaking in front of people at times if it's not about sports or girls then I don't know what I'm talking about.

CALLING MI'ARAH ON THE PHONE

Keith: morning mimi ready for today.

Mimi: mhm  Goodmorning I guess so (in a sleepy voice).

Keith: Good I'll pick you up be ready.

Mimi: You don't have to I can walk.

Keith: it's okay I insist.

Mimi: fine see you soon.

Keith: okay see you.

END OF CONVO.

Mimi POV

I get washed and dressed since we have a project due today I decided to put a lil effort in my outfit. I just wore crop top and jeans . Eh I guess this would work.  I go downstairs and see my mom on her way out to work.

Mimi mom: hey you need a ride to school?

Mimi: no im getting a ride from a friend.

Mimi mom : okay I'll see you after school.

Mimi: okay later.

KEITH OUTSIDE BEEPING HORN

Mimi running outside to Keith car

Keith: morning Mimi

Mimi: hey Keith thanks for the ride.

Keith: no problem anything for a friend ( he turns winking at her).

Mimi: ready to present project today ? I'm so ready to get this over with.

Keith: Yea me too but it was so fun working with you. Maybe after project we can go on another date ? Or maybe you can take a couple pics for me ?

Mimi: oh yea definitely I'll like that and of course I can do the pictures for you that'll be fun.

Keith: were here(he said pulling up to school parking lot). Come on (turning tomorrow Mimi ). What's wrong with you?

Mimi: just I don't want everyone looking at me walking into school with you. Maybe you go in first and then I'll wait five minutes to go after you.

Keith: Girl are you serious? Are you embarrassed to walk in with me or something?

Mimi: no no I'm not. It definitely should be the other way around.

Keith: Mimi seriously you think I'm embarrassed to be seen with you ? If that's what you think I'm not ! Now come one we're going to be late to class.

Mimi: fineeee.

Walking into school nobody really paid that much attention some looked and stared some didn't. Keith didn't care he was used to people staring at him he was always the main attraction but Mi'arah nobody really paid attention to her til she had been hanging around keith.

IN CLASS

Keith: (waving his hand) we would like to present first (he says excited getting you out of his seat).

Mi'arah: Keith what are you doing ?!?(whispering to him getting up following behind him).

Keith: Our presentation is on Colorism and beauty in the inside. I too myself struggled with feeling if I was enough or smart enough. We spend so much time in the mirror worried about out putter appearance we never stop to worry about the beauty that is skin deep.